or
Create an account

or

Thread Hi.

• 1 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 Hi.
I am very new to home recording. I've been playing guitar on and off since sophmore year of high school, but since i just moved to DC for art school (digital media design) and got a new guitar for my 21st birthday, I've been playing hours upon hours a day. My grades are def suffering. I'm thinking about purhcased the M-Audio Delta 410 firewire computer interface to recording with, since I have a powerbook G4 with reason 2.5 and Cubase SX. either way, I'm really looking forward to reviewing this forum and getting involved as an active member. Thanks again for accepting such a new member.

-Steve Case
Hey steve,

how are you..ass. Sorry about that all, I didn't read close enough and didn't realize that I need to get more specific here. Ok, so I come from a Phish, Dave Matthews, bela fleck etc. background. I play acoustic guitar, very percussively and have yet to play with anything other then another guitarist. I played the drums since i was 10, but picked up the guitar at 17 (now 21). even though that's what I come from, "the division bell and dark side" are my favorite albums (even though they don't match my contemporary bands). I guess my real questions is..I want to record 1 guitar and 1 vocal seperately with a good mic and interface. I am going to record at least 8 of my originals to put onto CD. I would like to know how to record the vocals so they sound nice and professional. My friend recommended me the "Sure SM58 Mic" for vocals (based on my budget and my acoustic is a Yamaha with a pick up so it can plug directly into the interface. Just wondering what ideas you all might have etc. Thanks in advance.

-Steve Case