[Musikmesse] Universal Audio unveils Apollo 16
Universal Audio will debut today at Musikmesse the new version of its Apollo audio interface which offers 16 channels of analogue I/O.
The Apollo 16 is a FireWire/Thunderbolt (with optional card) 24-bit / 192kHz audio interface designed to work with Mac OS X and Windows 7 64-bit (with a compatible PCIe-to-FireWire adapter on PC).
It provides 16 analogue inputs and outputs on DB-25 connectors and real time UAD-2 QUAD processing which allows for fast recording and mixing thanks to the UAD-Powered plug-ins. 4 Stereo Cue inputs are also present with assignable outputs, along with stereo AES/EBU inputs and XLR outputs dedicated to monitoring.
Other features include the PT mode for integrating external analogue devices into Pro Tools or the Virtual I/O for real time processing of UAD virtual instruments from you DAW tracks.
The Apollo 16 ships with the "Analog Classics" plug-ins (LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176N Limiting Amplifier and Pultec EQP-1A) and the Console Recall plug-in (VST, RTAS and AU) which allows for instant loading of the interface parameter from the DAW session.
Last, the Apollo 16 audio interface is compatible with the UAD-2 DSP accelerator cards and it's possible to cascade two Apollo 16 via MADI and process up to 32 channels of I/O.
- 16 line level analogue inputs and outputs via DB-25 (no mic preamp nor Hi-Z input)
- 32 balanced I/O on cascade mode
- 4 Stereo Cue outputs (no headphone out)
- 2 digital AES/EBU I/O on XLR
- MADI I/O
- QUAD process only
- Output transformer
- 24-bit / 192kHz AD/DA converters
- Thunderbolt compatible on Mac OS X with optional adapter
- FireWire compatible on Windows 7 64-bit with optional adapter
The Universal Audio Apollo 16 audio interface will be available during Q2, 2013, at an estimated public price of $2999. The optional Thunderbolt card will retail for $499. More info at www.uaudio.com/apollo.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] SPL introduces Crimson SPL will also unveil tomorrow in Frankfurt the Crimson USB audio interface and monitoring controller, which can handle up to 30 channels.
- [Musikmesse] U-he unveils new modules U-he will attend Musikmesse where he will unveil the Diva update, Bazille 1.0 and Satin virtual synths and effects.
- [Musikmesse] U-he and Amazona Tyrell N6 v3 U-he and Amazona.de announce the availability of the third version of their Tyrell N6 free virtual synthesizer.