[Musikmesse] Yamaha renews its HS monitors
Yamaha will unveil today at Musikmesse the new HS active monitor generation, with three 5", 6.5" and 8" monitors and an 8" subwoofer.
Named HS5, HS7 and HS8, these new Yamaha monitors will replace the HS50M and HS80M from which they retain the very distinctive white woofer ; note that a new intermediary 6.5" model has been added along with a 150W subwoofer called HS8S.
Each HS active monitor are bass-reflex two-way bi-amplified models equipped with a 1" tweeter and Room Control and High Trim controls. The HS8S subwoofer features high and low-pass filters and a phase switch.
New on all the monitors, the shielding has disappeared, Yamaha explains that this increases the magnet efficiency.
Details of the monitors:
- HS5: 5" woofer, 70W (45+25) of power, frequency response from 55Hz to 28kHz, 5.3kg weight, price 197.34€ VAT inc.
- HS7: 6.5" woofer, 95W (60+35) of power, frequency response from 50Hz to 28kHz, 8.2kg weight, price 233.22€ VAT inc.
- HS8: 8" woofer, 120W (75+45) of power, frequency response from 42Hz to 28kHz, 10.2kg weight, price 328.90€ VAT inc.
- HS8S: 8" woofer, 150W of power, frequency response from 30Hz to 180Hz, 12.5kg weight, price 538.20€ VAT inc.
More information soon on usa.yamaha.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] Allen & Heath unveils the Qu-16 mixer Allen & Heath will debut tomorrow at Musikmesse the Qu-16 rackable digital mixing console.
- [Musikmesse] A static large diaphragm mic for 99€? sE Electronics unveils on its booth at Musikmesse the Magneto static microphone with large diaphragm, with a price of 99€!
- [Musikmesse] SSL launches the Sigma summing mixer SSL will debut tomorrow at Musikmesse the new Sigma analogue summing mixer remote controlled by a DAW, available in a 2U rack format.