Harley Benton T-1952
Harley Benton T-1952

T-1952, TLC-Shaped Guitar from Harley Benton.

jeanchristophe.me 04/09/2011

Harley Benton T-1952 : jeanchristophe.me's user review

«  Lutherie correct its means »

• Partager
Ash body in one piece
Maple neck with button reported, fairly thick profile D, 21 frets.
Configuration microphones classic three-position selector
Fixed bridge, non-through strings.

The handle seemed to be fairly thick at first, it needs to be done. The key has a fairly flat radius, while the Fender Tele "reissue" 1952 has a shorter radius, offering a touch more curved.
Personally, I do not worship the flat keys, but my taste.
The weight and balance are correct, access to treble is pretty easy.
The tuners are vintage style and a little cheap. I found the "soft" and they go out of tune easily.
As stated in previous opinions, the guitar arrives set incorrectly: Action too high harmonics do not.
The frets are limitations: for some poorly polished, the glue that sticks out.

I always test electric guitar unplugged. If the sound is bad, the pickups will not change anything. For HBT1952, the sound is good, équilbré bass / treble, sustain is correct for a bolt-on neck and can be improved by making the strings traversing (which I planned to do).

Once connected, I knew she was a board at 120 €: the sound is average.
The microphone has a severe low output, low treble. The pickup is mightier acute, but the attack is violent screaming limit. OK, a Tele should have the "twang", but there is a bit steep.
Knob The tone is very effective and regular, the volume "crachouille" a little. Made in China ...

I found the sound of the Tele, but messy.

I say honestly, I bought this guitar to disassemble and rebuild completely.
The body and neck are good, but the rest is up to the price. That means.
In contrast, 125 € for a good body and a handle correctly, it's a good price! ;-)