Catalinbread Redesigned Semaphore Tremolo
The newly redesigned Semaphore feature set includes 8 different waveforms, tap tempo and divide, tap tempo input, and expression pedal capabilities.
At the heart of the Semaphore is an audio path that incorporates optically controlled JFET gain stages to sculpt a clean boost sound. The number of waveforms has been quadrupled, and you'll find classic square, triangle, and sine waves to ramping sounds, and a random shape. In conjunction with the Shape contour, which morphs the waveshape, numerous waveforms can be unlocked. The pedal includes a control voltage input to control the tap tempo with another unit.
- Rate: The rate control, controls the speed of the tremolo. On the Semaphore this knob's characteristics are affected by the position of the Tap Divide control. If the Tap divide is set at a higher rate, the Rate knobs sweep will change as well. The expression pedal nullifies the rate control when plugged in.
- Tap Divide: The Tap Divide works as the engine for the Tap function of the Semaphore. Since a tremolo can operate at a much faster rate than one could tap out, this control takes your tap tempo and multiplies it by the corresponding note beats. The quarter note represents the same tempo that you tap out. Once a tempo has been tapped in, the Tap Divide can function as an in-time rate control.
- Shape: The Shape control is used to morph the selected waveshape. At noon your waveshape will represent the shape on the Waveshape control, but to either side this shape will slant providing various sounds and possibilities. The Shape, however, has no effect on the Random waveshape setting, because it is random.
- Waveshape: The Waveshape control provides eight different waveshapes. These shapes include sine, square, triangle, hyper-triangle, ramp up, ramp down, lumps and random.
- Depth: The Depth control dials in how much tremolo is in your signal. Dialed all the way down, the Semaphore can be used as a boost, and you can bring up the depth enough for slight shimmers in your signal, or all out depth, for maximum effect.
- Volume: The Volume control controls the volume of the pedal. Unity on the pedal is around noon, depending on the voltage running, and provides boost or attenuation.
Availability & Pricing:
Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 for $249.99.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Gretsch George Harrison Signature Duo Jet Giveaway Gretsch announces the George Harrison Signature Duo Jet Giveaway.
- D-28M The Mamas and The Papas Custom Artist Edition C. F. Martin & Co. announces the introduction of the new D-28M The Mamas and The Papas Custom Artist Edition.
- Diago Micropower9 Diago have introduced a new, compact-sized pedalboard power supply: the Micropower9.