< Tous les avis Bugera V5

Tube Combo Guitar Amp from Bugera belonging to the Vintage series

Basic Instants Basic Instants

« Excellent value for money »

Published on 02/16/14 at 10:20
This is an amp 5 w Class A all-tube equipped with a digital reverb (which is rare for this price and a nice touch), a gain, a volume and a tone. It also possesses another very pleasant surprise for the price, a 5W/1W/0.1W power attenuator and a headphone output and an output to an external speaker 4 ohm minimum. The lamps are an EL84 power and December 1 AX7 pre-amplification.
It has a very nice vintage look with a vinyl coating 2 colors and a blue light.
I have owned for a little over a year, and I&#39;m used primarily for training at home. The new price at the time was around 160 € in VPC.

Configuration is very simple. The manual reads in less than 2 minutes, that is if it is necessary to read. Sometimes you just need to remember how it was positioned level attenuator: when the sound seems a bit feeble, is that the left in 0.1 w ... Note that the difference in volume between 1 W and 0.1 W is not very obvious. Even at 0.1 W, the receiver gets along well. We can still play quietly at low volume at home. For those who have ds nocturnal inspirations, and eager not to wake the spouse and stay on good terms with the neighbors, you can also connect a headset.
The gain knob is used for sound ranging from light to crunch more or less pronounced, even slight distortion at the end of the race. The tone knob does its job quite well. I used mainly between 4 and 6, depending on the connected guitar. The reverb is correct. Personally I&#39;m not super demanding, I just looking for a reverb that "wets" the sound a bit. On reflection, I understand less brands that do not put on their amp. The cost of an external reverb is € 80 minimum, which added to the price of the amp makes it less attractive compared to more powerful models.

I used v5 with a Baja Tele and a fender stratocaster japan equipped with vintage noiseless. I usually play things quite varied, and I need a good are clear, overdrive, and a larger saturation .. With it was mostly blues-rock and funk memory.
The sound palette is clear sound (roughly up to 3-4), crunch (4-7), and saturated beyond, without having a large distortion, overdrive instead. Overruns vintage amp sound. The amp cash pedals well which is also an asset. I plugged it a Boss DS 2, and Dr Jeckyl and Hyde, to have a larger saturation: no problem rendering is satisfactory.

The clear, memory is fairly neutral, clean. The tone knob can properly manage the treble. Saturated sound of the amp, as seen above, is good for blues, classic rock, and more generally, for styles that do not require a large saturation (or other metal), which allows you to see wide. I would describe the sound of vintage.
Size 8-inch speaker that the sound may miss some extent. I&#39;ve realized playing with someone who used a more powerful amplifier with a 12-inch bowl. However, this is normal for this type of product and for the price. In contrast, the level of power, you can type beef with more powerful amps, subject, on the other is not at the bottom.

A word about customization. Considering the price of the amp, one is tempted to upgrade. For my part, I changed the lamp pre-amp to a Mesa Boogie, and I found that the result was positive (for cheap). I also changed the speaker for a Jensen CR8. The result I did not like because the sound was too acute and unmanageable with the tone knob. So, I put the original speaker.

I used this amp about 1 year and a half. Previously, this type of amp, I had a fender champion 600, the clear sound was great, but against no reverb, and I could not get a crunch that I liked. I also use a small Roland Micro Cube (very good by the way), and a Mesa Boogie DC22. It was for me to get an experience of a small tube amp cheap, with an attenuator and reverb.
Next value, it is excellent, probably the best on this niche small tube amp (I say this regardless of whether you might prefer other sounds, even to most expensive). A new 160 euros (and I&#39;m not talking about the secondhand), you do not lose much to try, knowing that we do not need to shell out extra money for reverb.
Incidentally, my first motivation was to find an attenuator for my Mesa to play at low volume. I saw the price and I was calmed. When I saw that the Bugera was one, considering the price, I took.
I sold (no problem), because I do not use it anymore. I got thereafter, solution oriented head + cabinet 12 inches, much more expensive, but I preferred having a bigger speaker, a fuller sound with more bass and power plug in multiple amp heads (depending on mood).