< Tous les avis Bogner Alchemist Head
Bogner Alchemist Head
Bogner Alchemist Head

Tube Guitar Amp Head from Bogner belonging to the Alchemist series

heads on fire heads on fire

« Great amp...seems to be a sleeper. »

Published on 09/09/11 at 08:18
Alchemist™ Head
40-watt class-AB power section with 20-watt variac mode
Two 6L6 power tubes
Five 12AX7 preamp tubes
Premium components
Channel 1 (gold): Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Volume, Crunch mode, variable Bright, Deep switch
Channel 2 (mercury): Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Volume, variable Bright, Mid Shift
Effects, running in parallel: Reverb Type, Reverb Level, Delay Type, Delay Level, Delay Repeats (Feedback), Tap Tempo
Four-button footswitch (included) controls Channel Select, Boost, Delay and Reverb
Retro-modern fit-and-finish
Parallel effects send/return with level control
41 lbs. 25.75" W x 12.25" H x 10.25" D
Manufactured in China.

This amp is really easy to get "my" sound out of. The manual was very easy to understand, and the amp settings are pretty simple. The footswitch is great, with controlling both effects, channels, and boost all in there.

I LOVE the 20w/40w feature, but I'm disappointed that Bogner didn't make a version of this amp that got louder than this. This amp's 40 watts is decently loud, but not as loud as a 40 watt Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, for example. I usually look at 50 watts to be a "minimum" power rating for real gigging amps.

I play leads with a similar approach to Eric Johnson or Shawn Lane, and this can get a good tone similar to theirs. Great cleans, great reverb, great delays...this amp can get some lush tones happening.

That said, it's not really equipped to do modern metal rhythms - it doesn't scoop enough in the mids, and it doesn't get gainy enough.

I give it a 9 because what it does, it does extremely well.

The tones in this thing are gorgeous, and it is feature-packed, without getting too complex. I'd love it if it could get louder. I don't know why, but I worry about the durability - I never have had any problems with it, but for some reason, due to the feel of the construction, it makes me think it could develop issues.

I'd buy this again in a second if I were looking at just getting a "bedroom amp". They can be found for dirt-cheap prices on the used market.