[NAMM] Budda MN-100 & MN-412 Available
Budda Amplification announces the availability of the Budda MN-100 and MN-412, a three-channel tube guitar amplifier head and 4x12 enclosure, featuring a custom Italian leather exterior by footwear designer Mark Nason.
The Budda MN-100 is a high-gain amplifier featuring three independent channels, a 120-watt power section driven by four EL34 tubes, and a preamp consisting of seven dual triode 12AX7 tubes.
The MN-100 also features dual 5U4 rectifier tubes and a solid-state rectifier, with Budda's PowerPan variable rectification control that allows players to select tube rectification, diode rectification or anywhere between the two.
All three of the Budda MN-100's independent channels - Clean, Rhythm and Lead - include separate three-band EQ, Reverb, Resonance, Presence, and true bypass effects loop with send and return levels. Each channel also features OVER-BOOST, a stompbox-style lead boost that engages an additional tube-driven gain circuit to give players a supercharged boost.
The included nine-button foot controller switches all three channels digitally via MIDI, effects loops and OVER-BOOST functions, as well as Master Reverb and Master Boost, which is a second Master Volume control that can be used to boost the overall volume of the amp.
The Budda MN-100 also features a half-power switch for operating the amplifier in either 60- or 120-watt mode. The back panel features an amplifier chain section with power-amp inputs and a slave output, impedance selector and MIDI input and output for use in MIDI-switching rigs. The matching MN-412 enclosure features four Budda Phat 12 loudspeakers and Mark Nason leather covering.
- 120 watts into 16, 8 or 4 ohms with half-power switch
- 3 channels: clean, rhythm and lead
- 4xEL34 120w power section, 7x12AX7 preamp section and 2x5U4G rectifier tubes
- Power amp can use 6L6Gc or EL34 tubes (plus KT66, KT88 5881 and 6CA7 with re-biasing)
- Rectifier can use 5U4, 5AR4 or GZ34 tubes
- Half-power switch for operating the amplifier in either 60 or 120 watt mode
- Patent-pending PowerPan™ rectifier selector knob
- Custom Italian leather covering by Mark Nason®
- Separate three-band passive EQ on each channel
- Separate Resonance & Presence controls on each channel
- Master Volume and Master Boost
- OVER-BOOST™ stompbox-style lead boost on each channel
- Separate spring reverb control on each channel
- High and low level ¼" inputs
- Slave output/Power amp input
- Separate true bypass effects loops on each channel with send and return level adjustments; the channel 2 effects loop can be used as global loop
- MIDI control over channel switching with MIDI input and thru jacks
- Silent LDR MIDI channel switching
- Multi-function MIDI footswitch included
- Made in the USA
- Custom Italian leather covering by Mark Nason
- Four custom-designed 12" Budda Phat loudspeakers
- Solid pine with finger-jointed corners
- Closed back
- Made in the USA
For more, visit Budda Amplification.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM' Taylor Doyle Deluxe Guitar Taylor Guitars clinician Doyle Dykes unveils the Doyle Deluxe (DDX) guitar.
- [NAMM] Rivera Rockcrusher Power Attenuator The new Rockcrusher attenuator handles 120 watts and features a stepping switch controlling a reactive load.
- [NAMM] PRS Dweezil Zappa Private Stock Limited to a run of 50 guitars, the new Dweezil Zappa Private Stock semi-hollow model features a Custom 24 mandolin shape and is modelled after the guitar Dweezil designed with the Private Stock team.