Mesa Boogie Mark Five Head
Mesa Boogie Mark Five Head

Tube Guitar Amp Head from Mesa Boogie belonging to the Mark V series.

boogie les bons tuyaux boogie les bons tuyaux

«  I found my sound !! »

Published on 10/29/14 at 14:23
What kind of amplification (lamp, transistor, ...)? pipe, tube, pipe, tube, pipe, tube, pipe, tube, pipe, tube, tueb, tube, or 4 6L6 1 and 7 preamp correct

What is the power delivered? What I mean nothing.
100w, but it is very gérable.surtout with output levels in class A.

The configuration is it simple?
saying do not think to buy and play the same night on stage

Gets it easy to sound good?
is going to come

The manual is clear and sufficient? ...
could not be more clear, it is this passionate randal smith
Besides, I recommend to enter at least once to understand the intricacies, opportunities and large traps éviter.77 pages, I think.
I have it in French if qqu'un wants.

Is it your style of music?
beautifully

With what (s) guitar (s) / low (s) or effect (s) do you play?
mainly humbucker.
Note also that the settings are diametrically opposed on different guitars with microphones character too different.
Let me explain.
I have a good sound with a LP, and I pull out my strat.
if I do not touch EVERYTHING, the sound is ch ...
suddenly, in concert, I recommend taking shovels that have the same output level, the same character.
if not, for sure its sour or mushy bass, etc ...
say that this is also the case with another amp, but by moving the treble / bass on the fly, a little gain, and this is good.
there, not even in dreams.

What kind of sound you get and with what settings ("crystalline", "bold", ....)?
very clean in true California lead

What are the sounds you prefer, you hate?
is going to come

How long have you use it?
one week, or 4 years, see below

What is so special that you like most and least?
the power / weight ratio, durability.
also, I am amazed by the # of pedals that accepte.assez rare.tout is ok.
I also like his loop, although some decry mesa for the quality of the loop, I find it to hell!
Besides, I had a JVM410, what a joy to board on my mark V:-)

in fact, I'm cheating because just before I had the combo for 4 years.
I like the combo, but its weight .... bcp less.
and in general, this compressed sound began to weigh me.
so I went to the head.
suddenly I found a neutral point of view of a compression and my back, too.

second point on the channels (as mentioned above).
I struggled as my combo set the channel 2.
really clear and capricious.
because of the media, a kind of weird filter on the mark I and a lack of potato on the edge.
suddenly, I understood that my grail would be in the Crunch.
it is astonishing that channel.
this is CHI-RUR-GI-CAL.on despises mediums, no sound, treble is mounted, the gain is too loud, you lower the treble, mids are lost, low you go, we take treble and the sound is dirty.
short, it deserves.
the other two are quite as intuitifs.si is that we have understood the interaction of the triptych TREBLE / BASS / GAIN.
Again, read the manual, no traps once you got it.

If I summarize:
- Different levels of user must be the same on 3 channels (eg fat on 1 crucnh on 2 and 3 on the mark IV).
- Treble / bass interact on the gain and vice versa.
- Too low it's useless.
- Start by setting aigus.finir by the bass.
- And most importantly, never give him to eat after midnight (what I tell myself).

Have you tried many other models before buying it?
I think all that is in his head.

How would you rate the quality / price?
very expensive, of course, I'm a musician.
this is probably the ultimate amp for me as it is unclassifiable in his game, and playing in different formations (I do a lot of remplas)

With experience, you do again this choice? ...
read my title