Peavey 5150 II Head
Peavey 5150 II Head

Tube Guitar Amp Head from Peavey belonging to the 5150 series.

Norésihia Norésihia

«  Old head but a reference! »

Publié le 06/02/10 à 01:22
all been saying to the above.

Easy to use.

I'm kind of U.S. rock alter bridge, creed ... and it suits me perfectly.

For a more distal worked his biggest it's hard because I find the equalizer channel a little light.

The sound is clear about it a bit cold.

The crunch is even hard to get because it is on the same channel as the clean sound but I managed to get a good compromise.

My cab is a 4 * 12 or I peavey celestion mix and Shefield.

so I add a DBX 32 band equa I put in the effects loop and I have since rediscovered this amp.

With the equa DBX and my G-Major 2 in the effects loop I get out sounds interesting distortion sounds clear and even less cold.

I play with a micro EMG ESP eclipse.

I use it for over 10 years and it still sounds.

This is my first tube head.

I tested and even wanted to change the mesa but with the addition of direct DBX I changed my mind.

I prefer the texture distortion of Peavey.

For the clean sound if I could have a big config I would take a Fender clean sound for the crunch and good, but I still managed to have a good compromise.

I would not change unless it comes to not work at all and I would take engl or maybe the 5150 III Fender because the grain of the distal air to be had about the same.