[NAMM] Peavey JSX 50
Peavey and Joe Satriani have collaborated to create the new Peavey JSX® 50 guitar amplifier head, the latest project in the Peavey JSX Series of signature amplifiers and enclosures.
The JSX 50 has a design that pairs five 12AX7 preamp tubes with two 6550 power amp tubes and two independent channels with three-band EQ. Both the Clean and Crunch channels feature master volume and preamp gain controls, so guitarists can adjust the interplay between the preamp and power amp on each channel for an array of gain possibilities. The Crunch channel also includes a boost switch and a six-way attack selector that adjusts the bass response.
On the rear panel, a built-in Peavey MSDI™ microphone-simulated XLR direct interface is designed to eliminate the need for miking by allowing users to route the amp’s signal directly to a recording device or mixing console. Additional controls include a line out with level control; active effects loop with send/return level control; impedance selector; and a tube bias adjustment jack.
- Two independent channels, Clean and Crunch
- 2 x 6550 power amp tubes (can also use EL34)
- 5 x 12AX7 preamp tubes
- Global Presence and Master Volume controls
- Global Master Volume Boost with switch and level control
- Six-way attack control on Crunch channel
- Pre-gain Boost switch on Crunch channel
- Built-in MSDI™ microphone-simulated direct XLR output
- Line out with level control
- Active effects loop with send and return level control
- Rear-panel impedance selector (16, 8 or 4 ohms)
- Tube bias adjustments on back panel
- Four-button footswitch included
- Made in the U.S.A.
For more info: www.peavey.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] gig-fx Better Than True Bypass Gig-fx inc. has released second generation versions of the Megawah and Chopper that feature 'Better than True Bypass' circuitry.
- [NAMM] Waves 21st Century Guitarist Waves Audio and Sound.org announce the publication of 21st Century Guitarist, Playing & Recording Guitar with Waves GTR, a new OpenMix™ interactive DVD featuring an eBook by music expert Craig Anderton.
- [NAMM] Taylor T3 Semi-Hollow Guitar Taylor Guitars is expanding its electric line with the company's first purely electric semi-hollowbody guitar, the T3.