Digidesign Mbox 2 Micro
Digidesign Mbox 2 Micro

USB audio interface from Digidesign .

theaudioandvideoguy theaudioandvideoguy

« portable »

Published on 03/22/12 at 21:55
The Digi design Mbox Micro is a great handy little interface. You definitely need this if you are on the go and want to record. I use to take mine everywhere with me. I even traded in the Mbox 2 regular for the mini.

Unlike the Mbox 2 regular, the Mini gave me no issues setting it up to record on my dell laptop at the time. It was pretty much plug and play. My DAW software recognized it and synced right up with it without any issues. It didn’t have much latency either, which was great when I had a rack from korg hooked up to it.

GETTING STARTED

This is probably the best investment the mobile artist can make. You can take it with you anywhere and record. This thing is tiny but packs a powerful punch. There are other interfaces that are regular size that cost more than this and don’t sound any where near as good as the Digidesign Mbox micro. You don’t even have to use this in pro tools either, but keep in mind that trying to use it on other forms of software might require more trouble shooting because technically its not compatible with all software. But you can get it to work if you understand DAW’s and sound cards etc..

Overall, this is a must have. Its always good to have this around, even if you arent the most mobile person. Its still good to have just in case you are going out on a trip and want to be able to do music no matter where you are. The Micro doesn’t just have to be for demo’s either. You can really lay down you masters with it, because that’s how good it sounds. I highly suggest getting this, no more big interfaces .. Get the micro and record on the go!