Digidesign Mbox 2
Digidesign Mbox 2

USB audio interface from Digidesign .

Zeylink Zeylink

«  Good stuff »

Publié le 07/13/10 à 05:29
At the time I was in school Audiovisual, the ISTS, and I had to buy audio equipment quickly. The teachers we have advised a pack including the Mbox2 and Protools because this software is the most widely used by engineers, and Mbox2 is a very good sound card to get started.

I have nothing negative to say about this sound card, I have no point of comparison but in any case for the use I have, I am very happy. on the other hand, if you want you get into recording more instruments etc. will require you to turn sound cards with more input, because it presents the minimum: MIDI out / in, Monitor L / R, SPDIF, 2 Mic, Line 2 inputs and 2 inputs Di. I am an computer music, so apart from MIDI and occasionally a microphone to record a voice, for example, or connect a guitar, I'm enough.
on the other hand I take this opportunity to talk about Protools, since I figured put to Cubase, I no longer use it, so information before you whether you want Protools, otherwise do not take the pack.

My stuff is: macbook old generation, 2GB of ram, I work on Cubase Studio 4, I use VSL VST heavy as a master keyboard as the Keystation, that's nothing very complex.

I've never met a big crash or bug.

I can read a 20aine VST heavy tracks without too many problems if there are not too many effects.

Adequate latency, I do not see when I play the keyboard.

GETTING STARTED

Little trouble when the first installation, the drivers were not compatible with Mac OSX Tiger 10.4, I had to download an update, but as good at the time I was a quiche computer I struggled a bit !

Not enough experience to talk about value for money, I am happy with this card but may be there are better and cheaper, it will ask someone else.
The small downside for me is just his color, I'm not a fan of the blue ^