Edirol UA-101
Edirol UA-101

USB audio interface from Edirol belonging to the UA series.

Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 11/29/08 à 12:17
(Originally written by cyrilcliment/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
My setup:MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB Ram

It works PERFECTLY!

Mic and bass or bass plus 3 synths. I use it to replace a mixer + patchbay because it allows me to freely route the signal to the sound card via a small, latency-free software. It's a great advantage compared to the FA101, which requires you to route the signal with the sequencer of your DAW.

So it allows me to process my voice with my Micromodular without having to turn the computer on!

Very easy installation. The monitoring software makes a mixer needless. It's great to mix several synths or to route the signals freely between inputs and outputs...

The user's manual is clear and the product is easy to use.

GETTING STARTED

I use it with LOGIC PRO at 24bit/44.1kHz. with a 64 sample buffer size to record and monitor (via software) eight tracks without crashes or unwanted noise. More than enough for my needs.

I've been using it for six months. I previously tested several Firewire sound cards, which didn't work properly with Leopard and my Lucent chipset. I bought the UA 101 to connect a mic + a guitar or a bass + 3 synths. Great reliability and latency even though I'm not confident about USB solutions...

Very good value for money. The manufacturing quality seems to be good, the sound is excellent (no buzz or hum except with preamps at max). The front Hi-Z input is very convenient. You can use it as a 10 in/out standalone mixer/patchbay!!

It's a product you can forget about, it has no useless features, it just works. I won't buy another sound card in a long time. I love the small routing/monitoring software. This sound card replaced a mixer/patchbay/sound card setup. It's exactly the tool I needed and I love it!!!