Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Focusrite Scarlett Solo

Scarlett Solo, USB audio interface from Focusrite in the Scarlett series.

spark972 11/11/2015

Focusrite Scarlett Solo : spark972's user review

« An acceptable minimum service »

• Partager
Value For Money : Excellent Audience: Anyone
I use it with Ableton, Soundforge, and as a listening device. Stability is great, the interface can work unnoticed, and yet I set it at minimal latency with an old Core2Duo E6700 PC.

Nothing special with the drivers, they were easy to install and this is it: never heard of them since then.

I never got to use the inputs, but I can say the outputs are transparent, neutral in sound and quite punchy (using KRK8400 and Altec Lansing).

I especially like its big front panel potentiometer which controls the sound level for both the headphone and the rear outputs, its pleasant-to-touch brushed aluminium chassis, its small size which allowed me to put it over my desktop PC tower - which itself is actually under my desk.

For the price, I can't find it any real cons, it does its job way better than many other interfaces in the same price range. I think it's the best you can get under the €100 mark, and I didn't want to pay more for the sound quality of a Yamaha UR22 which includes connectors I have no use for.