M-Audio Omni Studio Usb
M-Audio Omni Studio Usb

USB audio interface from M-Audio .

Tymuk Tymuk
Publié le 10/27/03 à 07:27
I chose this card for its 4 inputs and especially the quality of its pramps and converters.
I use it mostly alone then track by track, and from time to time to live recordings with friends. She is also very small mixing btement 4IN to play alone by connecting mic / guitar or microphone / keyboard ...
I have an Athlon XP1800 + with only 256MB of RAM and a motherboard K7S5A.

No problem to install once you dl the drivers on the website of M-AUDIO because they are not provided in the bote nor the manual (M-AUDIO working on this pb)
Once installed, the card is ready-employment, I / O Mono 1 & 2 (Stereo pair) are recognized by Windows and any of its soft. However deuxime to use the pair (3 & 4) you must use software that accepts ASIO / EASI (good to know!).
The configuration is comfortable gnrale (3 paramtres only! RESOLUTION, frquence and latency) for the rest everything is done on the case of the interface (volume, gain, routing different ...)
the manual download on the site of M-Audio is in English but it is clear and well done.
(I note 7 because of dsagrment but works!)

GETTING STARTED

The drivers appear to be stable and the version number of mine (5.10.00.3516) suggests to me that the team of M-AUDIO optimizes rgulirement enough!
Using Samplitude 7, is your exact trs good. The monitoring software with FX gives me 21 ms latency (RULES card in "low" for more stability)
In fact I use just this type of monitoring because the card is very well for the team monitoring hardware. Mixer with internal controls indpendantes monitoring what is sent to the converters, SEND / RETURN with 4 pots of SEND level for a process of external effect. Direct Out for 4 inputs and insert effect on 1 & 2.
The two headphone outputs with level indpendants are both useful.

I use the USB OmniStudio since only 15 days and I am satisfied with trs. I have not toured the possibilities ... I particulirement management hardware monitor that allows any grate from the case and giving it what ct "indpendant" a small mixer for use even without a PC! I love the look and solid housing and connectors. The interface is cumbersome in mtal (on the picture it looks like plastic but no, it is much better in real life!), The two connectors combo XLR / TRS jack from Neutrik are practical and TRSR tants. Finally the sound is irrprochable the pramps and converters are trs good quality and the recording is obtained without breath or parasite, the sound is clear and neutral, what more?
For that I use, I did not find a weak point ... T I just a little surprised at the rear connector (as used to the amateur stuff), the monitor output jack and hand are 6.35 mm symtrique. no RCA :-) it must adapt and learn when you, like me and waiting for something better, a simple string to monitor!
Given the value for qualitprix and total satisfaction it gives me the choice I do it again without hsiter!