USB audio interface from M-Audio belonging to the Air series

Write a user review or Ask for a user review

Thread No sound coming out from computer linked to M-audio 192|6

• 11 replies
  • 11 participants
  • 11 followers
1 No sound coming out from computer linked to M-audio 192|6
Hi guys,

Sorry if there is an existing thread about this problem, I couldn't find it.

Here is the problem,

I have a windows 10 pc (latest update 18363.900) with the latest m-audio 192|6 driver installed (1.0.3).

When plugged to my pc most of the time no sound will come out from my speakers, sometimes after uninstall/install the driver and rebooting the computer several times I'll get like 10 seconds of sounds (from youtube, soundcloud etc) and then it will stop until I uninstall/install/reboot the computer again.
Also in Windows Control Panel>Sound I can see the air 192|6 listed and it shows that sound is coming thru.

When i try to run Ableton Live Suite 10 sometimes I can set up the interface as audio through ASIO but then again no sound coming out from my synth and drum machine (Volca Bass and Beats), the audio signal is not recognized in Ableton but it is on the interface display.
I do have sounds coming from Volca Bass and Beats when setting the USB/Direct knob on direct though but nothing when it is set on usb.
I do have a midi signal when playing with Midi keyboards linked to my pc via usb but then again no sound.

On my windows sound setting the air 192|6 is sets as input and output.

Does someone know something about this or a way to fix it ?
Thanks.
Show first post
Quote from Remco_dB:
I had the exact same problem and it ... Anything higher doesn't work on my system (M-Audio 192|14 on i7/32Gb/Win10).

Also just signed in to say thank you! Like the poster above, I was also about ready to return my unit. Turns out a mismatch between what is configured in the Windows Sound settings for audio format, specifically the sample rate and what is configured in the M Audio Control Panel is what causes this.

Previously I had the same problem, randomly seems to disconnect, unplugging and plugging it back in and/or reinstalling drivers sometimes worked but this seems to have fixed it permanently! Thank you! :bravo:
This fixed it for me! I have M-audio Air 192/6 on a PC with Windows 10 latest update. I was getting no sound except when I used Abelton Live V9. Try the solution in this link:

This guy from iNNovation explains it really well and in detail. You get sound only when the bit and sample rates set in the M-audio control panel exactly matches the bit and sample rate in the Windows sound device details which is buried about 6 layers down. Also, on the same window, you have to disallow programs from taking control of this setting and changing it. I hope this helps you like it did me!

FYI, you may have to open the windows sound device screen and the m-audio control panel every once in a while to make sure they still match.