Gibson Explorer Gothic II
Gibson Explorer Gothic II

V/XPL/FB Shaped Guitar from Gibson belonging to the Explorer series.

Takhralifih Takhralifih
Published on 12/07/07 at 00:21
What country does she makes?

Made in America, Hard Case Made in Canada

How many frets, what kind of micro as well as their configuration?

22 frets, EMG 81 and 85

What type of bridge?

Tune-O-Matic

What rglages?

3 knobs (2 volume / 1 tone)

The handle is it enjoyable?

So it's the surprise! I am used to that type handles highways Ibanez, Jackson, I admit that I was a little afraid of what I Reserved the handle of a Gibson Explorer (this is the first that Gibson j'achte ). I was afraid of hitting the handle of a lumberjack or slow compared my Ibanez Well ... None of that! The handle is easy and enjoyable to play. Plans sweep, the other legatos up / down speed flow by themselves, say nothing! G long heard that the Explorer silent for a rhythmic scratching. Of course, it does a good, but it does not absolutely prevents it have what it takes for fast solos. Moreover, I find comfort on the handle than my Ibanez Sabre. Bizare but true ...

Access in acute (dernires freight) is it easy?

When seated, you reach the 22nd fret with no problem. By standing against, ca dpend height which is the door like James Hetfield on guitar at the balls, clear that c will be more complicated to move the boxes to tickle del at 17 . If you wear belly up, it goes without problem.

Ergonomics is it good (in terms of shape, weight ...)?

Perfect. The guitar is perfectly balance, no problem. The weight of the body of the guitar makes up the handle which gives a good grip, while standing. Sitting, no problem either. The guitar is comfortable trs. No need to talk about his form ... It is simply ... Unique! Legendary.

Do you get a good sound easy? ...

Yes, as long as we do not want to play the Flamenco. C net is clear, it is cut for the MODEL mtal! With the good stuff behind, you can not not find the sound we like. Attention time, she can not bear to be plugged into the stew!

Appropriate are your style of music?

Perfectly. I play with it only the mtal and is perfect for a. Gnralement when I play the Blues or the other style I leave my Ibanez, together with its PAF Pro / Tone Zone pickups and Split is quite versatile.

With what (s) amplifier (s) or effect (s) do you play?

For now a Marshall AVT100 g I intend refourguer quickly as it starts running out of steam. I do not plug the guitar direct into the Marshall I use a V-Amp II, I plan refourguer too.

What are the sounds you prfrez, you dtest?

In clean, the 85 is round and warm, I like the sound it DGIG. Intermdiaire position (81 + 85) is also interesting and breadth of the sonic palette of the guitar. For fans of the intros Sanitarium trs ca does well. The EMG 81 in it sounds pretty clean nasal. I use it only for composing intros the Season in the Abyss, it is perfect for ca.

In diso, needless to dcrire the EMG is the pure in your face. For résumé, I personally do not find that I dtest sound on this guitar, I love everything she makes me cocquine

How long have you use it?

O When I rdige this notice, three days. Not enough of course, but I'm on a thing that will never tire of it.

What is the particular feature you like best and least?

As: shape, color (all black vtue, even the hardware), its presence charisma, look agrssif ... All what. A real beauty. Same people who know nothing about guitars remain in emmerveills seeing her. She has the mouth, there was no doubt.

The least: nothing.

Have you tried many other models before acqurir?

Essay of Gibson? No, never. This is the first that Gibson j'achte. Otherwise g tried many other brands like Ibanez, Jackson, BC Rich etc. etc.. Each place.

How do you report qualitprix?

I do not know if I can speak because I did not buy his "normal" price. I bought it for 750, new, guitar + hard case + shipping included. It's a good deal and the coronation ratio Q / P is unbeatable.

Exprience with, you will do again this choice? ...

Without hsitation!

I metterai well 10/10 across the guitar but would not rev as target note. 9 / 10 everywhere, and against heart!