Avid introduces Media Composer 7
Avid is at NAB where they are introducing their new line of products, including Media Composer 7.
Media Composer 7 has been optimized for HD video and automated process. Here's what's new:
- Ability to work directly in HD format from high-resolution sources
- Media Link via Avid Media Access (AMA) with new media management tools
- Dynamic media folders for easier management
- FrameFlex tool and LUT support for real time 2K, 4K and 5K conversion
- Master audio fader
- Gain management per clip, regardless the track automation
- Advanced color correction tools from Avid Symphony
- Interplay Sphere for Mac that allows for editing, sharing, tagging and synchronizing media files from everywhere in the world (dedicated version)
Media Composer 7 will be available in June with pricing starting from $999. The Interplay edition will retail for $1499. If you buy Media Composer 6.5 now, you'll get the version 7 update for free. More info at apps.avid.com/mediacomposer7/.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Video Zoom Q2HD @NAMM Video Zoom Q2HD @NAMM
- Olympus LS-20M Review Somewhere between the pocket cam and pocket recorder market segments, Olympus has introduced a hybrid called LS-20M. The concept is simple: offer a full-HD pocket cam capable of recording good-quality audio, making the LS-20M the first real competitor of the Zoom Q3 HD, which is currently the only product in this market segment...
- Final Cut X v10.0.3 Apple has updated Final Cut Pro X to version 10.0.3, an update to its professional video editing application.