Scarbee R.S.P. '73
Scarbee R.S.P. '73
mout72 mout72
Publié le 12/13/06 à 16:29
This is a sampled rhodes up to 12 velocity levels (just that), or direct from the harp or after the eq of Rhodes. The key releases are also sampled. It is very complete.

The sound is monstrous. I have an internship Rhodes Mark I 73 so I have a reliable point of comparison. I took a walk terrible to play on these samples. I have a macbook 2GHz with 1.2GB of ram with a Tascam FW-1804 FireWire. Can I get a little latency below 10 ms and frankly to perceive the level of the game must be really hefty ... I play jazz and funk. Plugged into a guitar rig (with a twin reverb emulation) is the killing, no virtual rhodes does not sound as good, and I've tried just about everything in this area (yam, roland, keyboard and the course, elektrik piano type plugs (horrible), EVP88, etc).

I found this bank of samples after buying my Rhodes. Frankly if it had been the other way around I do not know if I would have bought the Rhodes. Well it's clear that playing on a real instrument is always much better, but 60 kilos is not to carry anything.
Scarbee's really a work of madness in samples, I listened to demos of the low-J and J-fingered slap, it's amazing!