Camel Audio Free Alchemy Player 1.20
Alchemy Player 1.20 is an update to Camel Audio's SFZ and Alchemy sound playback engine, and it's now free.
Alchemy Player now allows you to load and play any SFZ file, and comes with 150 presets (1200 variations) plus an extra 50 sounds if you register, with a total of 1 GB of samples. You can extend your sound palette with Camel Audio's Alchemy Sound Library range. Alchemy Player supports major formats on both Windows and Mac including VST, AU and RTAS in 32-bit and 64-bit flavours.
Alchemy Player can now play back sample libraries of acoustic instruments, as it now supports round-robin and key-switching plus unlimited keyboard zones and velocity layers. When you load an SFZ file, Alchemy automatically creates eight remix pad variations using different effects and modulations.
New Features in Detail
New formats - 64-bit and RTAS:
- 64-bit support for Mac and Windows - access unlimited memory
- RTAS Support for Pro Tools on Mac and Windows
SFZ Sample Playback Support:
- SFZ support - loading of 3rd party and converted SFZs
- Key switching for access to articulations
- Round robin support for added realism
- Unlimited zones for velocity, round robin, key switches...
- Sample memory handling halves the sample memory required
Improved GUI and New Skin:
- New 'Nightshade' skin by BitPlant
- Switch skins from the file menu
Other New Features:
- Randomise snapshots option
- Support for shortcuts or aliases to folders
- MIDI program change implementation
- Supports new '.CamelSounds' file type for installation
- New Cameleon preset import
- Alchemy Demo period increased to 4 weeks
- Save consolidated no longer copies factory samples
- User details are no longer displayed
- Copy to all snapshots now works for snapshot volume
- All submenus now display a check mark
- Comment lines now supported in SFZ files
Alchemy Player may be downloaded by visiting the Camel Audio website. It's free.
Viewers of this article also read...
- TC Helicon VoiceJam 1.2 TC-Helicon announces the new version of the VoiceJam iPhone, iPod and iPad app.
- Steinberg Cubase 6.0.2 Steinberg releases the first official maintenance update for its music recording and production solutions, Cubase 6 and Cubase Artist 6.
- Discovery R3.3 64-bit released discoDSP Discovery Release 3.3 for Mac and Windows is now available.