or
Create an account

or

Thread Midi and Reason 3.0 problem - i can't hear anything!!

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Midi and Reason 3.0 problem - i can't hear anything!!
;)Hey guys~ I have an M-Audio keystation 88 es midi, and reason 3.0 software. I've done the whole preferences, find the midi in the list and the subcategory of what kind it is, but it's not playing anything. I was wondering if it has something to do with my midi input/output formatting, in the general or audio categories in the preferences box. I have an SB PCI audio card, so do I format it to that? Even when I strike the keys, there is not indication whatsoever that it's working, or any fluctuations of any sound going. My computer recognizes the USB hooked up to it, which is the midi, and says that it is working properly and ready to be used. My audio sound card mixer's midi nothes are turned up. I'm a newbie and completely lost, read the manual a million times on the setting up the whole midi thing, and i can't get it working:mad:, so i was wondering if u guys can throw me a bone. Thanks.
Whats up my man...Ok ya know I had just the same problem and I spent the best part of 5 hours racking my brain and the net to try and find out why Reason 3.0 would not see my Keystation pro-88...Well after just about giving up and doing a dance on my laptop I thought (The most logic thing to do) Would be to go to www.m-audio.com and look for any new drivers that might help.....Now if like myself you are probley running windows xp for this program and M-Audio claimed you do not need a driver to get your keyboard to work....."WRONG"....If you go to driver updates there in black and white is a brand new driver...Install the first one and the last one not the middle one as you will see why if ya try..after you installed them re-start your computer turn on your Pro-88 and wham bam an install will auto begin once done head over to reason go to midi and auto find....And as they say here in Ireland "Bob's you uncle"...Sorry about blabing on but im just happy to have found this my self....Peace my man and my you write some killer songs....:)