Sonigen Modular is a fully modular software synthesizer on which you can add as many modules and patch cables as you want.
- Layout is mostly automatic, cables indicate signal flow, and the dynamic input handling is said to reduce the need for extra mixer modules, and to reduce screen wastage from unused input terminals / knobs.
- Modular voice and modular output effect processing both integrated in one window.
- Everything is processed at full sample rate so there is no need to differentiate between audio signals and control signals.
- Just in time (JIT) assembly. The audio engine is written entirely in assembler, and it is also dynamically assembled at runtime. According to Sonigen,this enables a whole class of optimizations that are otherwise impossible with pre-compiled binaries.
This is a beta release designed to get user feedback. It is a stand alone ASIO verion at the moment, but a VSTi plugin version should be along in due time, according to Sonigen, who says it is fully functional with no timeouts or limitations.
You can download it from: www.sonigen.com
Viewers of this article also read...
- Roland V-Drums Friend Jam Roland announces V-Drums Friend Jam,their new social networking tool for drummers.
- eaReckon Updates BloXpander aReckon has updated BloXpander to version 1.2.4.
- Ableton Updates Live/Suite 8.2.2 Ableton has released version 8.2.2 of its Live and Suite music production software for Windows and Mac.