Xils 4 is now available
Xils Lab has just released the fourth version of its Xils virtual synth, following the announcement made earlier this month.
Xils 4 is based on the emulation of the EMS VCS4 unreleased prototype, to which Xils Lab added features, including the famous 256 analog polysequencer.
- 12 Aliasing free Oscillators, grouped in 6 pairs, with WaveShaping, 3*2 Hard synchronization modes, + 2 additional Noise oscillators
- 2 Analog Multimode Filters, Non Linear and zero delay Behaviors, with 3 Modes (12/18/24 dB)
- 4 Trapezoidal, looping, Envelope Generators. ( Switchable to standard ADSR )
- 5 Polyphonic LFOs ( including 4 Oscillator acting as LFO at audio rate )
- Polyphonic Ring Modulator and VCA engine
- Cascade Mode : Synthesizer 1 can feed Synth 2 engine inputs
- 4 independent outputs feeding the Stereo Bus, each with one analog Lp/Hp filter
- 2 Programmable Joystick Vector Controllers ( up to 32+32 modulation targets )
- Polyphonic Sequencer with 3 independent lines, Slew rates, 3 recording modes.
- Sequencer can behave as modulation source.
- Pitch Tracker, Enveloppe Follower, Transient, Gate, Sample & Hold Modules
- Chorus, Delay, Phaser, Spring Reverb
- 6 Play modes (including Unison 2/4/6 ), Polyphonic and mono Portamento/Glissando/Legato, 2 different Keyboard Scaling, Polyphonic Aftertouch and VCA handling.
- Nearly 700 presets made by worldwide famous Sound Designers
- Preset Database Engine ( Find the right patch in a flash, create your own tags )
- Comprehensive manual with a getting started and tutorial sections
- More than 100 parameters mappable to midi controllers
- More than 1140 possible connexions per patch
Xils 4 is available in 32 and 64-bit VST, AU, RTAS and AAX formats for Mac OS X and Windows. It required an eLicenser or iLok USB dongle. The plug-in has a special introductory price of 149€ instead of 179€ until June 17th and you’ll receive a free eLicenser dongle as well as the Xilistic patch library for free.
Owners of Xils 3 can purchase an upgrade for 29€ during this same introductory period (49€ after June 17th).
You can also download a trial version at www.xils-lab.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Equinoxe, SuperWave’s new virtual synth SuperWave introduces Equinoxe, a big virtual synth in VST format for Windows, available in Standard and Extreme HD versions.
- Selena, B.Serrano’s new freeware synth Benoit Serrano offers a stripped-back version of its Horus virtual synth, called Selena, which is still free and in VST format for Windows.
- Sound Magic releases the Dynamic Bundle The new Sound Magic Dynamic Bundle gathers 5 plug-ins in VST format for Windows.