[NAMM] BPM - Beat Production Machine
MOTU has announced BPM, or Beat Production Machine, a rhythm production center for Mac and Windows that combines programming technology with playable virtual instrument operation inspired by the classic drum machines of the 80's and 90's.
It comes with a 15 GB library and it can sample too.
- Rhythm production center for Mac and Windows.
- Combines programming technology with playable virtual instrument operation inspired by the classic drum machines of the 80's and 90's.
- Provides creative control, from recording and programming individual samples to building and arranging entire songs.
- Includes a urban sound and loop library for urban, R&B, pop, rock and other music styles.
- Combines drum machine programming, sampling, loops, synthesized drum sounds, multi-sample instrument sounds, mixing, effects processing, song arranging and asset browsing in one streamlined window.
- Plug-and-play support for hands-on pad controllers such as the Akai MPD32 controller.
- SP1200 Emulation mode faithfully reproduces the characteristics of the classic E-mu SP1200.
- Environment for laying down beats as quickly as your mind can "hear" them.
Included sounds and loops:
- 15+ GB library of newly released loops, samples and beats.
- Over 10,000 individual samples.
- Over 1,000 new drum and percussion loops.
- 24-bit 96 kHz audio quality.
- Mastered at Sterling Sound, NYC by top mastering engineer Chris Gehringer.
- Beat Production/Sound Design by Eric K. Roz for Black Rose Corporation (www.eric-k-roz.com).
- Over 200 drum kits + patterns organized by style categories (Beat City, Old School, etc.).
- Over 100 urban multi-sampled instruments, including piano, bass, guitars, synths, pads and more.
- Built-in drum synthesizer for unlimited synthesized drum and percussion sounds (includes hundreds of preset sounds).
- Percussion samples, patterns and loops.
- Dozens of classic "808" and "909" style beat box samples.
- Hundreds of patterns in many styles (hip hop, R'n'B, house, electro, techno, funk, soul, pop, rock, etc.).
- Play any pattern in any style with any drum kit (included or programmed) for virtually infinite combinations.
- Load any MOTU instrument sound from MachFive, Ethno, Electric Keys, etc.
- Load any UVI instrument sound.
- Add new sounds with BPM Expander packs and UVI SoundCards from UVISoundSource.com.
Pricing and Availability
Pricing has not yet been announced. BPM will be available for Windows (XP or Vista; 32 or 64 bit) and Mac OS X (10.4 or higher) in VST, AU, RTAS, MAS and stand-alone formats.
For more: www.motu.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Renoise 2.0 & Discount Version 2.0 of Renoise is now available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- [NAMM] ReValver MK III RTAS Compatible Peavey Electronics has announced that its virtual tube-amplifier plug-in, ReValver Mk III, is now RTAS compatible.
- [NAMM] Muse Research MuseBOX Muse Research is offering a "sneak peek" of their new, low-cost portable virtual instrument player called The MuseBOX in booth 6729 at the Winter NAMM show.