MOTU BPM Update
MOTU has updated BPM (Beat Production Machine) to v1.01.
Here is a brief overview of the new features in BPM version 1.0.1:
- Loading slice loops into banks: you can now drag & drop a slice loop onto a bank to automatically load individual slices onto the bank's 16 pads.
- Slicing loops: you can now create slices in audio files that do not yet have slices. Using new controls in BPM's Clip window, you can slice by transient or by beat grid, then save or even export the individual slices. You can also automatically slice loops when loading them into a rack part.
- Importing multiple samples: you can now drag & drop multiple samples to import them, either into separate pads or as layers onto a single pad.
- Pad templates: you can now load and save MIDI note mapping templates for BPM's sixteen pads. Factory templates for popular 3rd-party pad controllers are provided, including the Akai MPD16, Akai MPD32, KORG padKONTROL, and the M-Audio Trigger Finger.
- Mono sampling: BPMSampler is now available as both a mono and stereo plug-in, allowing you to sample external sources in either mono or stereo.
- Saving performances with samples: there is a new command that allows you to save an entire performance, together with all associated samples, to create a self-contained snapshot of everything in the performance.