Brainspawn Forte
alcools alcools
Published on 04/27/07 at 12:58
Installation without any problems on two different computers.

English manual only: Too bad, because even though almost everything is easily understood, this may not help them.

The one I use mainly: MSI Notebook Pentium M 2.0 with 2GB RAM, MOTU 828 MKII sound card.
My Vst instruments: FM7, Kontakt, CS80, Moog V, PRO 53, ABSYNTH 3
VST: Waves megaverb ... and others I know!
My hardware: 88 + Keyboard NordStage Virus Rack XL ...

Everything works, hold out the CPU with some 7 vst instruments and five at the same time VST effects (treatment of vst instruments and voices).

Warning: It's very hassle if you change the sound card route. Better be on your own before getting into the programming of your sets, otherwise you will have to redo all your splits (zones jartent settings at each change of sound card!). But apparently, this bug will be fixed on version 2 (it is in the 1.96).

I use it for 2 years.

The pros: Very easy to understand, highly visual, stable, good support via the forum Brainspawn.

The -: Challenges to the change in sound card (explained above), no support for VST GUI without clean (say bye bye to come with Cubase VST, for example) and still some incompatibilities (eg EMU PROTEUS X2 that you have problems with that CRER)

If the idea you said, forget about buying a TC Powercore card with Forte (and any other host for Plug'ins) because the buffers do not like Powercore audio below 512 and lose its effects concert, ca does not (my buffer are 192 and suddenly the Powercore suffers desync - Increase the buffer 512 to create too much latency).

I use Forte for VST instruments and effects to make our voices. This little world is then mixed into my sound card, which are also included bassist, guitarist and micro battery. The result: Thanks to the MOTU 828 ger that allows 4 different mixes sent to different separate outputs, I have a mixer just for me with synth and voice before (back in-ear), a mixer for returned my musicians, a mix for the public, and one for my mini-disc recorder. Since then we have recordings and concerts TOP repeat, almost like a CD!

Cheap prices, I do it again the same choice. That is, if you want strong control of intruments or hardware MIDI devices, it will also buy the software ECHO Brainspawn (as in my, this my last driver VIRUS RACK XL).