Superwave P8 [Freeware]
Superwave P8 [Freeware]
AlanForPresident AlanForPresident

« I love this freeware »

Published on 08/01/12 at 00:21
The Superwave P8 is a free virtual analogue synthesizer some really good sound instruments and presets. The interesting thing about Superwave P8 is how professional it sounds for it to be free, from time to time I get in to creating Trance music. All of the patches and presets in this freeware plug in are really Trance driven. Its like P8 was made for Trance music. There was no manual for this freeware and that was expected, you wouldn’t need it anyways. All of the basic functions are really easy to understand and use.

The software runs great, I mostly use it on my quad core Windows 7 machine, and I have also used it on my Windows XP laptop which is pretty old. It seems to work great no matter how old or new your machine is and it takes up hardly any CPU at all. I have used in it Fl Studio, and in Cubase multiple times. There are no compatibility issues when using Superwave P8.

The Best thing about Superwave P8 are the sounds by far, I did not expect to get such good sounds leads and strings in a freeware VST. Not to mention the pads, I find myself using the pads more and more every time I open up a projects. Unfortunately Superwave P8 doesn’t have a lot of effects that are built into it, but if you use your other effects and plug ins with the sounds of the P8 you can get some really Trance sounds that are epic! It is free, you have nothing to lose. I am very happy that I found this hidden gem from Superwave. I hope they come out with more version of the P8 in the near future. It does have some built in filters though, low pass, band pass and high pass. Along with 2 amplifiers and 4 envelopes with depth, attack , decay and release controls.