Codex, Waves’ new virtual instrument, combines traditional subtractive and wavetable synthesis in a standalone and plug-in for Mac and PC.
Codex is based on a granular wavetable engine and is powered by the Waves’ Virtual Voltage technology. It can create a wide variety of sounds ranging from warm acoustic and analog emulations to original evolving textures.
- Oscillators with progressive wavetable scanning capabilities
- FFT automatic interpolation to morph between the wavetables
- Modulation Matrix
- Formant control – direct control over the acoustic resonance of the sound
- Wavetable (sample) importing
- Arpeggiator/16-step sequencer
- Integrated chorus, delay, reverb, distortion and bit crusher effects
- Visual dynamic waveforms
- Included presets
Codex is available in Native plug-in and standalone formats for Mac OS X and Windows 64-bit. It has an introductory price of $99 instead of $200 and you can download a trial version from www.waves.com.