Tritone Digital ColorTone v2
TriTone Digital has released version 2.0 ofColorTone for Mac OS X in VST, AU and RTAS formats. It costs €89.
ColorTone-Pro is a Tone Box designed to simulate the signal path of analog devices through the use of convolution and various non-linear processes. ColorTone-Pro is designed to provide analog-like character and flavor to the modern digital audio workstation.
ColorTone-Pro comes with a collection of classic studio models, including samples from tape machines, EQs and mixing consoles.
ColorTone-Pro is also designed to allow you to load your own samples (instructions for sampling your own equipment are included) and to provide you with our custom-coded Warmth algorithm to enhance the signal-path.
Additionally, ColorTone-Pro allows you to multiply the color of the selected circuit, increasing the color from the standard character to several times the original color.
- Warmth: Adds additional harmonic content to the signal. Positive settings "fatten" the sound, while negative setting are used to "thin" or "digitalize" a source.
- Color: Multiplies the intensity of the original IR color from natural to several times greater. Negative settings reverse the color.
- Norm Mode: Norm mode is straight modeling (100% wet). The intensity is set by the Color control.
- Blend Mode: In blend mode, a cross-fade is calculated in real-time between the dry (original) and the wet (convoluted) signals. The ratio of these signals, as a result of this cross-fade, is based on the amplitude of your input signal. The hotter the input signal, the more color in the final result, as the cross-fade will tend more towards the wet signal. By changing the strength of the wet signal, you can reshape the dynamics of your audio:
- If the wet signal is lower than the dry signal (this is usually the case when the top of the frequency curve is below the upper-middle portion of the frequency graph), you're turning the plugin into a compressor.
- If the wet signal is higher than the dry signal (this is usually the case when the top of the frequency curve is above the upper-middle portion of the frequency graph), you're turning the plugin into an expander.
- And this compression (or expansion) is nice and colored.
- SLOW/FAST: User-selectable speed /knee options for blend mode operation:
- "SLOW" will provide a gentle softknee, "compressor-like", operation.
- "FAST" use an harder and more aggressive knee that emulate saturation of preamps & tape machines.
- In: Controls the main input level.
- Out: Controls the main output level.
- The "Lock": When The Lock is on, the output knob automatically compensates for the gain setting of the input knob. Useful for "driving" the emulated unit when in BLEND mode.
New changes announced in v2.0:
- Pluggo no longer required.
- 30% less CPU usage.
- Load x3 faster.
- New bigger and improved convolutions.
- Improved Blend algo with fast(distortion) or slow(compression) settings.
- Improved FFT display.
- A/B comparison of settings added.
- Option-click to reset parameters to default.
- Mousewheel support added.
- Lower latency.
- New plugin ID with better RTAS compliance.
- Intel Mac only for now.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Mucoder Hypercyclic mucoder has updated hypercyclic to version 1.1.367.
- Toontrack Americana EZX Toontrack's 13th EZX expansion pack for EZdrummer and Superior Drummer 2.0 is called 'Americana'.
- Camel Audio Alchemy v1.25 Camel Audio has updated Alchemy and Alchemy Player, the sample manipulation software synthesizer and player plug-ins for Windows and Mac.