Korg Kronos 61
Korg Kronos 61

Workstation from Korg belonging to the Kronos series.

petitsynthe petitsynthe

«  A giant step! »

Published on 09/29/11 at 09:14
Touch is very nice, well above my old Korg M-50 but of course it's not the same range and it feels.

Many presets, but they are classified so no problems (thank you to the touch screen)

This workstation is it easy to use? yes and no, it depends on the use that is in fact: if it is to use the presets or load new sounds, yes, if it is to edit, given the number of parameters and "synthesis" , it gets harder and it will spend the time (probably many years to go around, long after the next model came out: it makes you think!).
Well, the user manual is complete more than 1000 pages, but for a quick start, I suggest you watch the DVD in French (an hour of video).
Thank you again to the large touch screen, which, if it requires some getting used to, is a marvel of ergonomics!

In my opinion you can do anything with although slightly oriented electronic music: For this I will give some ideas:
- THE ACOUSTIC PIANO: this is what is done best on a hardware machine (by far), they are flawless and there I really enjoy, a real leap forward was made; concurrent brands have much to ponder machines for their next ...
- THE ELECTRIC PIANO: it is not my chosen field but again, it sounds great!
- THE synth sounds: There have been many analog synths, digital and virtual analog, it sounds the thunder emulations sound cleaner than an analog but in a mix, which will see the difference? .. And then the ground ring hovering death (yes, the Wavestation is in), I think fans, among other "new age music master plans" will be delighted.
He'll have much to say about this part ... but I give almost 10 to 10.
- Acoustic sounds: contrary to what is said in many forums, there are beautiful sounds or string ensemble of guitars (acoustic or electric), among others.
While some sounds based on samples will be playing any more such as brass or saxophones, but they remain available, and then as the OS is open, nothing says that the sound will not improve.
Well, it would take a novel to explain that such a class is like this or like that, but overall it's a real treat!
PS: I will complete later this comment with regard to the sound of DX7 (a real plus!) And import of Akai banks.

Much is said about this machine: that it would Oasys That a new look! Hey the Oasys cost over 5000 euros and did not have the same technology as the Kronos (pianos streaming of several Giga on SSD, etc. ...), or worse a PC disguised as a keyboard for me, n 'There is no photo, the working comfort is unmatched by far, remember that it also handles audio, read the DX7 sounds in sysex, banks can import Akai, etc ...)
Certainly, existing users become "spoiled rotten" or what? Because they are jaded by their VST "free" or have not experienced the big time when it was creating music on machines with 4 or 8 MB of RAM?
It was also a little bit of geule I wanted to go after some remarks.
Is it better than the Motif XF? yes and no, it's just different, anyway they are two great machines, but just a little different approach (the pattern is just a bit higher for sounds "acoustic") and then the Kronos is a recent year from the Motif.
But in my opinion, nothing will ever be the machine after this, other brands have only "to move your ass" if they do not want to pick ...
Well, to sum up I give full marks to the Korg Kronos because it suits me 100% and is (almost) perfect for a workstation 2011.
I do know that the counselor because it is a real favorite for me, finally, the machine of my dreams, at least what I expected for a long time!