Yamaha MOTIF 7
Yamaha MOTIF 7

Workstation from Yamaha belonging to the MOTIF series.

FP User FP User
Publié le 10/31/08 à 16:00
I wish you could change the arp tempo in song mode. you can in performance mode, but not in song mode. I don't get it. I also wish that you could change the note duration in groove mode. But there are not any sort of main features that I think the board is missing. wait, i want individual eq control on each track.

Price paid

$2100

It took me about 6 months of everyday use to delve deep into all of the different functions the keyboard has to offer. At first it was a little confusing, but i just kept playing with it and i would open the manual every once in a while to learn something new. sampling is really easy with the motif, but it is time consuming to anything more than record a sample and loop it. Even though it was hard to learn at first, I don't consider that a negative trait for this board. It's sequencing and recording functions are really easy once you start to think about what it is you are doing and what you want to accomplish.

The instruments sound great! My mixes straight outta the board sound pretty good. I have no complaints.

I don't have a case for it and I've moved to three different cities with it. I have not had any problems inside or out.

This was my first workstation. I'm still a newbie to sequencing, arranging, and composing. But not new to recording and editing music. I feel like I still have a lot to learn (not with the keyboard, but with making beats) and that's holding me back from really loving this board. Comparing it to the other workstations, I like this one the best based on sounds, sequencer, functions, and mixing capabilities.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: Jay Towns ( 6-, 2005)