Zynaptiq and Prosoniq announced they have struck an agreement over Prosoniq's IP of discontinued products and dormant technologies.
The agreement grants Zynaptiq the exclusive and transferable usage, licensing, modification and intellectual property rights to various Prosoniq products and technologies that were put on hold during the transition to Mac OS X.
The agreement includes:
- Rayverb, a real-time reverb processor that uses inverse ray-tracing technology. Rayverb allows creating a room model from an impulse response, and then enables the user to manipulate room characteristics such as size, material and geometry, morph between multiple room models and position the input signal anywhere within the modeled room's sound-stage. Rayverb also allows exporting the manipulated room model as impulse response.
- Magenta, a polyphonic real-time resynthesizer. Magenta allows a live input signal to be used as time-varying waveform for real-time resynthesis and sound tweaking. Options include signal transformation like metallization, pitch quantization, pitch- & formant-shifting, and more.
- PANDORA, a real-time voice separation/attenuation technology.
- APEM, a de-reverberator based on artificial neural networks.
- IRIDIUM, a de-noising technology based on pattern recognition and physical modeling.
- Plus around 70 other algorithms, including mastering grade dynamics, equalization and saturation, audio morphing, re-synthesis, feature extraction and other sound design algorithms. The transferred IP also contains a batch processing framework.
Zynaptiq say they will provide existing users of the acquired titles with an upgrade path when software derived from or related to these products becomes available. Specifically, APEM users are eligible for a cross-grade path to Zynaptiq's Unveil de-reverberation plug-in, and will be contacted by Prosoniq in the following weeks.
For more information, visit the Zynaptiq website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE][VIDEO]Zynaptiq Adaptiverb & Wormhole Zynaptiq introduces two new plug-ins at Musikmesse 2016 : Adaptiverb and Wormhole
- [MUSIKMESSE] Zynaptiq presents Wormhole Zynaptiq introduces Wormhole, a new effects processing plugin aimed at creating otherworldy sounds.
- Zynaptiq releases Unmix::Drums Zynaptiq has released Unmix::Drums, their new source separation-based plug-in for controlling the level of drums in mixed music.