Allen & Heath Xone:42 (Old Design)
Allen & Heath Xone:42 (Old Design)

4+ Channel Mixer from Allen & Heath belonging to the Xone series.

jean_91 jean_91

«  A must in its class »

Published on 02/17/12 at 08:49
Is rack?

not

What is the type of connection (RCA Jack, XLR ...)?

RCA inputs except microphone xlr
Master xlr
Booth rca
Fx send / return RCA in

What is the sampling precision (bits / kHz

SIGNED! This table is 100% analog, there is no conversion of sound!

The general configuration is simple?

Simpler you die!

The manual is clear and sufficient? ...

Very clear, very sufficient, thank you also A & H for providing the three curves of filters available

Common functions are they easily accessible?

Bah seen that there is THAT usual functions on this table ... it is a control knob =!

The console is transparent?

Not at all! Instead, it restores a potato in digital sound and gives full scope to the sound of vinyl! It has a separate sound ... A & H sound what.

The equalizer is effective?

Very effective! It is very different from the Pioneer, but any contact with the desired frequencies, and above all, his way of cutting frequencies is incredible clean, everything is fluid and precise.

She introduced the breath?

From what? 0 while the sound volume is perfect.

How long you use it?

8 months

Did you tried many other models before buying it?

DJM 500-600-700-800-900 (special mention for the 900 that stands out completely from the previous Pioneer tables at any point of view)
Dnx-1500
Amix RMC and 55 RMC 75 (The best restaurants I've tried. Incredibles, a warmer and more accurate than A & H)
Rodec MX3000 (Very good food too, but I really did not like the fader curve, logarithmic for me too)

What is so special that you love the most, least?

most

- Sound quality
- Manufacturing quality
- The filter, and intuitive "patatise" everything that goes on its way
- Race of faders, nonlinear but clearly explained
- VCA faders (affects the line voltage = no crackling / clips)

The least

- The crossfader, to the touch just too cheap for my taste, a lover of scratch will change it for a Penny & Glide or Innofader.
- Compared to Pioneer, the volume released is lower, which is problematic when one connects to a fixed place where it is impossible to touch the amps
- One filter. For that price I'm not complaining, but a second offer so many more possibilities
- The XLR microphone input, I will have much preferred a combo jack / xlr in which I can plug my headphones when needed

How would you rate the quality / price?

Brief for this price (700 euros nine) and use that I make (house of any kind with traktor scratch pro 2) I am fully satisfied, and all the djs full piopio who have tried it on my benefits I have confirmed that this was an incredible table ... but it lacked an effects section, which is replaced by the plethora of Traktor fx.

With experience, you do again this choice?

Before repeating this choice should it fail, and believe me it was the sound at your fingertips!
I highly recommends that they, but I would try the Vestax PMC 280 before giving a final opinion. Choose a mixer that is very personal! Capabilities directly affect how you play. This one is really smooth but I can just as easily make transitions super clean with 3 or 4 channels during a House session prog and tribal, that the grind for a set bluntly electro-clash.