Pioneer DJM-900 Nexus
Pioneer launched their new Club mixer and continues in line with the rest of the DJM family by processing at 96kHz / 32-bit, using 24 bits AD converters and 32 bits DA converters.
The DJM-900 Nexus follows Pioneer’s traditional control layout enabling. The DJM-900 Nexus features a variety of sound effects: Three new Sound Color FX, two Beat Effects and an X-Pad control were added.
Sound Color FX - The DJM-900 Nexus includes Space, Dub Echo and Gate/Comp in addition to Filter, Crush and Noise for its Sound Color FX.
Beat Effect - A total of 13 effects, including two new ones called Spiral and Melodic, can be added by the user. Access to the beat effects is accomplished through a selectable knob located on the right side of the mixer.
X-Pad - A touch screen control bar that enables access, control, and manipulation of the thirteen built-in beat effects. With a touch and/or slide of the X-Pad control, the user can change the parameters of each effect.
Built-in 24bit/96kHz USB Soundcard - Onboard USB soundcard that can simultaneously handle input and output audio signals from up to four (4) stereo sources through a single USB port. The soundcard supports 24-bit/96kHz signal processing. Once connected to a PC or Mac, the settings utility tool can be used to customize the mixer's output signal path to suit various purposes, such as DJ play, song recording or production.
The DJM-900 Nexus is equipped with the same audio input and output circuits as Pioneer's DJM-2000. The 32-bit digital to analog converter supports all outputs of the mixer, including the master audio outputs, booth outputs as well as headphones. Additionally, the built-in 32-bit digital signal processor (DSP) is designed to suppress digital and analog circuit noise by way of balanced hybrid operation amps and balanced output circuits.
The new DJM-900 Nexus is designed for a direct connection to a laptop PC or Mac.
PRO DJ LINK - Via an Ethernet (LAN) cable, the mixer can link to the Pioneer PRO DJ LINK compatible CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900 players (with firmware version 4.00 or later) or a personal computer running Pioneer’s rekordbox software, giving users access to a song’s beats per minute (BPM) and beat location information. Furthermore, the built-in quantize mode is designed to compensate for Beat Effect operation timing errors automatically.
TRAKTOR Functionality - Using a USB connection with a PC or Mac, the four decks (players) inside TRAKTOR can be connected simultaneously with the mixer. In addition, the mixer is also TRAKTOR SCRATCH certified for TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO/DUO 2 allowing scratch control functionality when using a time code disc.
Time Code Output - Through its USB port, the mixer can output time code disc signals for DVS (Digital Vinyl System) software when used with a Pioneer CDJ player or analog record player.
- Channel faders - The slide mechanism supports the fader knobs with two metal shafts.
- Integrated input selector – Enables users to simultaneously switch all channel inputs.
- Indicators – The DJM-900 Nexus is equipped with a “USB connection indicator” to display the status of soundcard and PC/Mac communications as well as a "USB audio input indicator" to display audio inputs from a PC/Mac.
- MIDI Signal Output – The DJM-900 Nexus features a musical instrument digital interface (MIDI) signal output (for a mixer) that changes at beat-by-beat intervals. The mixer also includes a "MIDI LFO function" to control external devices such as effecters.
- Assignable MIDI Functionality - The knobs and buttons operation information can be assigned to control other devices. The mixer can also be used as a MIDI controller.
- Switching 3-Band EQ/Isolator – Each channel of the mixer is equipped with a switchable 3-band EQ (+6dB to -26dB) and 3-band Isolator (+6dB to -∞dB).
- P-LOCK Fader Cap - Keeps the fader channel and crossfader knobs (caps) locked preventing them from physically slipping off during heavy use.
- Auto Standby - Automatically senses the presence of active operation and input signals and switches to standby mode when inputs are not detected for a long period of time.
Pricing & Availability
The DJM-900 Nexus will be available in March 2011 with a suggested retail price of $2,399.
Viewers of this article also read...
- MidiPads for the iPad released Crossfire Designs released MidiPads, a configurable Midi controller for the iPad-the full version of MidiPadz Lite, which debuted in December.
- Stanton Updates its SCS-1 System Controller Stanton announces several new update developments to its mixer control surface, the Stanton Control System 1.
- Native Instruments Traktor Audio 6 & 10 Native Instruments has announced Traktor Audio 6 and 10, the second generation of its DJ audio interface range.