Amptweaker has introduced the new Jr Series distortion pedals, three compact (but also less complete) variations of some of their original models.
With ever-shrinking pedalboard space available, more and more pedal manufacturers are developing more compact versions of their original effects. Amptweaker follows this trend with the Jr Distortion Series, which features the TightRock Jr, TightDrive Jr and TightMetal Jr – all names that will sound familiar to those who follow this brand. According to Amptweaker, these pedals share most of the tone-tweaking features available on their larger counterparts while eliminating effects loops, lit controls, battery switches and boost features that some players don’t need in order to shrink down the size and weight.
Derived from the brand’s Pro series, the Tight control and Fat switches were re-configured into a 3-position Fat/Normal/Tight switch to dial in the attack of the notes from thick and heavy to aggressive and chunky. An EQ switch similarly provides Plexi(Thrash on TightMetal JR)/Normal/Smooth tone settings, helping the pedals cover much of the range of both their Fat and Tight parents. In addition to Gain, Tone and Volume knobs, there’s also a manually-adjustable Noise Gate.
Features list for the series include:
- Gain, Tone, Volume controls
- Fat/Normal/Tight switch to adjust the guitar’s attack.
- Noise Gate knob
- Plexi/Normal/Smooth EQ SW-TightRock/TightDrive JR
- Thrash/Normal/Smooth EQ SW-TightMetal JR
- True Bypass switching
- Runs on 9V to 18V batteries or supplies–9V sounds heavier, more compressed, while 18V is more open and less distorted.
- Thumbscrew-removable bottom with holes for tie-wrap or screw-in pedalboard attachment methods
- Current: 22mA with one or two 9V batteries, 24mA with 9V adapter, 28mA with 18V adapter(adapters add knob LEDs…internal switch disconnects 1–9V battery clip
- DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
- Weight: 10 ounces/Dimensions: 2.25"W X 4"D X 1.75"H
- Made in the USA
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
Each model has a $160 MSRP. More details at Amptweaker’s website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Amptweaker presents TightMetal ST Amptweaker has introduced TightMetal ST, the latest evolution of their TightMetal guitar distortion pedal.
- [NAMM] AmpTweaker FatMetal distortion pedal AmpTweaker will introduce an evolution of its TightMetal distortion pedal for guitar, the FatMetal.
- Amptweaker BigRock Pro distortion pedal Amptweaker is now accepting pre-orders for the new Pro version of its BigRock distortion pedal.