Mackie Onyx 1620
Mackie Onyx 1620

Analog Mixer from Mackie belonging to the Onyx series.

James... James...

« Great mixer for any setting »

Publié le 08/03/11 à 12:36
Specs can be found on the Mackie site but basically it's a 16 channel mixer with 4 aux sends, firewire, and full eq on each channel. Nothing super out of the ordinary. It features the onyx mic pres. I really like that the eq is british style. You don't get that with some mixers but I think it's a good feature that more mixers should have. There aren't any surprises here. Mackie makes good stuff and they put all their best tech into everything. They've been around for a while and they know how to do it.

I use mine for live tracking bands in the studio straight into my daw. It works great. The mic pres sound really good. I didn't have ANY problems with install. It took to my studio and never let up. The manual (like all mackie manuals) is the best I've ever read. Mackie doesn't mess around with any mumbo jumbo technical stuff that you don't need. They get right to the point when explaining the finer details of the mixer. If it's worth knowing, they put it in the manual. It's not too short, and not overly long with a handful of needless info. This is primarily why I buy a lot of mackie stuff. They know their product and how us "joe's" see it.

Unit is pretty much silent. The 2 best features in my opinion are the onyx pres and the eq sections. The pres are the best I've heard on a mixer. I don't know what mackie does to make them sound great but it works. I also thing this is my favorite EQ strip on a mixer. I had a mackie 8 channel years ago and I remember liking the EQ on that one too. Through my daw everything sounds nice. A+

This is a no frills unit. It does what it's supposed to and does it well. Mackie doesn't pile on a bunch of half baked features that you won't ever really use. They make a solid bare bones product that's built to work for years. If you want a good studio mixer for your daw, this is my pick. Hasn't given me any trouble and sounds great. Don't get something with a bunch of effects and bloated features you won't use. This does the job fine.