Arturia Origin v1.3 Update
ARTURIA announces that version 1.3 of Origin is now shipping.
This new version includes:
- Jupiter 8 template:
The Origin 1.3 firmware embeds the new Jupiter 8 template, designed to recreate the voice architecture and design of that analog synthesizer.
- New play modes:
o POLY_UNISON: designed to emulate the Jupiter8 “UNISON” mode, that shares up to 8 voices between the currently active notes. (Currently not available for MULTI presets.)
o UNISON parameter for MONO programs: designed to allow the user to set the number of voices that will play simultaneously for the MONO program. UNISON “polyphony” can be set to a value between 2 and 8 in SINGLE mode, and is limited to 2 in MULTI mode.
- Sequencer switch automation:
Actions on the Sequencer “LOOP” and “PATTERNS” switches can be recorded as MIDI CONTROL CHANGE messages and replayed.
- Compressor module:
The Origin sounds can now be processed through a compressor FX module. The compressor is designed to allow adding dynamics to the sound, "from smooth attacks to huge pumping effects" according to Arturia.
- Sample & Hold module:
Derived from the ARP S&H. Takes a modulation (LFO, Env…) signal at its inputs and provides a sample and hold modulation signal at its outputs.
- User Interface enhancements:
o In a number of dialogs possibility to navigate between the controls and change their value without pre-selecting them.
o Possibility to select the slot preset to load using the keypad + the edit switch. Previously it was necessary to use the browser to load a slot preset.
o The user can define a set of favorite presets and navigate thru them with the Preset Browser.
o Feedback –using speaker icons- of the mute state of a Voice output on the FxMixer page, of the slot output on the Multi page and on the program icon in the preset bar.
o Possibility to set 2 or more MULTI slots in the hold state in a single action by keeping their “Edit” switches pressed when “Hold” is set ON (or OFF).
- Portamento glide time:
Adding of a second way to manage the portamento glide time: the user can choose between a constant time for the whole glide, or a constant time per semitone.
- Switch pedal:
It is possible to configure the switch pedal action in the “Performance” page.
The Origin Firmware 1.3 is available as a free update, and comes embedded in the new Origin Keyboards and Origin Desktops. This upgrade is free for all Origin customers.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Review of the Baloran The River analog synthesizer 35 years after the release of The Moog Source, the young French company Baloran pushes the concept to the next level. The River, much more than a polyphonic multitimbral analog synth, is made with pragmatism, modesty, talent and innovation. An outstanding musical instrument!
- The community's favorite analog synths Today we continue with the top lists of 2017 and the time has come to present the community's favorite analog synths!
- This Summer, jam with BeatBuddy Mini for $99 Singular Sound has announced a special offer on their BeatBuddy Mini personal drum machine.