Add this product to
  • My former gear
  • My current gear
  • My wishlist
Tascam MidiStudio 688
Images
1/69
Tascam MidiStudio 688

Thread I'm coming back to my musical life.a few questions for you.

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 I'm coming back to my musical life.a few questions for you.
Hi everyone :)
My name is Don (daaaa). I've been having many sleepless nights debating whether 2 go further into debt to my partner Mr. Master (charge) and buy a new, self-contained portastudio-like beast or like the Phoenix, resurrect my once beloved 688? Last night I ened up waisting 2.5 hrs in a Sam Ashe store in New Haven, Ct, tryin 2 get 1 of their 2 salesmen to demo me a good Condencer mic AND to get the
TEAC 2488MKii to work. Neither of which was done as my wife & puppy waited in the car. They frustrated me especially w/ the quote..."your tascam 688 is worthless !" and so is your PC as long as you have Vista as the OS." Yes, the guy's name is "Robbie" & I plan to make him eat his words once I get back home in 2 weeks.
Ok, I walked in there ready to demo & buy the Zoom HD16CD.
As all i have read about it was quite positive.
But, right next to it was the 24-tk Tascam for $599 clearance.
Now i know why they are "dumping" it--it kept freezing & giving error codes upon bootup.
I knew, b-4 going in there that ANY tascam 24 tk was too much as I am currently looking for a GOOD sounding MIC w Good LOW END plus a yamaha DTExplorer drum set to record my OWN drumming as well as providing me w stress release & good therapy.
I, along w my wife who wanted to see it, finally came out of the store at closing time--after 2+ hrs w/ no stinkin' answers except that store stinks (I am being kind here) and the new Tascam isn't far behind.
****I truly need all of your help as I have not multitracked on "Tammy"Tascam688 in over 10years. But i know 'she' works as I've booted her up & played back my musical memories from the 90's when I was gigging 6nights/wk; money was there & I even sold many CDs made on my 688.
So here i sit, hoping someone reads this & hasn't been either bored to tears or think I'm crazy. Well, I am CRAZY ! lol let's get that outta the way. I'm 58 goin on 24, losing my hearing(had it tested 2 weeks ago) so I'm 'on the clock", so to speak to leave my family w/ something to either laugh at or cherish once my ashes become fertilizer.
1)I'd like to read all your suggestions for medium priced condenser mic w/ balls(base\low end balls :)
2)What's a PRACTICAL WAY to hookup my Tammy-Teac688 to my Intel Quad 2.4GHz w 2TB hard drives???
Oh Yes, It's got a Vista64-bit OS w 8GB RAM.
3)Should i rebuild my "old" 3.4GHz XP pro which was burned out 2 yrs ago ?
4)I'd like to start w a NEW CON. mic-FYI-I do have a Shure Beta SM-58 which i sang thru a Digitech harmonizer that blew folk's minds. Ok that's it for now. I'm beat for I've been on this hell-bent expedition too damn long. I desperately need some answers from REAL PEOPLE WHO CARE & some sleep. :)
aRE THERE any DECENT cHINESE MICS ?
Goodnight, i eagerly await any sort of answers, even agreeing that I'm an insane musician. Butt, you had better include ENTERTAINER in that description, thank you.
Don
Thanks for your share, your help & for reading me. Let's all work to KEEP LIVE MUSIC...ALIVE.