Create an account

or

Thread 88 note midi controllers

• 4 replies
  • 5 participants
  • 5 followers
1 88 note midi controllers
Hi all,

I am currently running a roland A90 and it is a mothership that has served me well for many years almost 15 to be exact. Unfortunately it is on its last legs and despite Roland saying they can service it, I think I might buy a new controller and update abit.

I would like to know if anyone knows of a midi controller out there with MULTIPLE MIDI outs like the A90. I remember seeing something like this back in January when NAMM was on but for the life of me I can't find again.

I like running modules and multiple devices from my controller, not a big fan of computers only for piano and string sounds cause I'm yet to find a module or keyboard that comes close to that.

So if anyone has any knowledge about a multiple outs controller there not just single out midi/USB out can you please let ,e know?

Thanks

Nate

I would just invest in the best sounding keyboard/controller even if it has just 1 MIDI out, then buy one of the many affordable midi hubs. Something like this:

image.php

Is there a reason you haven't considered this for connecting several MIDI modules?
I would stay with the A90 if you were happy with it. Worst case, just buy a new one if you're worried a repair won't do the trick.

There are many amazing 88-key midi controllers out there, but not many to my knowledge that have multiple midi outs.

Sorry I can't be of more help :??:

One small step for man, one giant headbutt for Zizou

I think i whould keep the old one.
If it served you for so long why not re do the favor. Old machines are build to work for a long time and handled with care can continue for a long time.

Like said i don't think there aren't much on the market with multiple outputs. I even noticed that a lot of controllers are equipped with usb instead of midi.

But then.... It is worth checking the costs.
If fixing cost more then 2 new controllers you can alwys choose to buy one or two

These are the biggest dilemma's you face in your life :-D

Good luck...

- Angelie

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...

I agree with angelie. For example, my first guitar ever was a mexican made standard telecaster. Even after using several others since, it's still my go-to for nearly everything. Even though the pots are falling out and it's getting scratched up, that thing SINGS!

So unless your controller is actually breaking down and a repair would cost more than the original price, then I would keep it and repair it. If repair costs are too much, but it's been such a successful product for you, then I think it's a no-brainer, you buy the same one!