iZotope RX
iZotope RX

Audio restauration software from iZotope belonging to the RX series.

Hatsubai Hatsubai

« Powerful audio restorer »

Publié le 07/02/11 à 06:12
Where as the Music and Speech Cleaner application was meant for beginners, this application is meant for the professional worker. This has all kinds of crazy tools built into it to help you reduce any issues with audio that you may face. It has a declip, declick & decrackle, remove hum, denoise, spectral repair, gain, EQ, channel ops, spectral analyzer, resample, dither, plug-in, time/pitch and deconstruct setting all inside this one plugin. That's not even everything there is. To use this plugin, you can either enable it in your DAW on whatever buss you want to utilize it on, or you could use it as its own little stand alone application. I never experienced any compatibility issues while using this, so no problems there. I never read the manual on the plugin, but I did watch a few Youtube videos on it. The program is very powerful, so you might want to check some tutorials out there to fully utilize the application.

I might was well state my biggest complaint first. I'm a Mac OS X user, and my main DAW is Logic. While they added 64-bit support in Reaper, they don't have it for Logic yet. I really hope they update this so they allow 64-bit support in all DAWs out there. Aside from that, this plugin is solid as a rock. There are never any crashes experienced with this program, and I never had any issues with it freezing my computer. The plugin itself does take up some processing power and RAM, but that's to be expected for something as powerful as this. It generally shouldn't be a big deal with most computers made within the past couple of years, so I wouldn't worry too much if you have an older computer. It's a cross platform application, so anybody can use this, really.

This is my number one go-to audio clean up program. It's super powerful, a bit hard to use but gets amazing results every single time. I found that Music and Speech Cleaner was simply too basic for me to really get into, but I could totally dive into this application and customize the sound to exactly how I wanted it. If you're in the need of some sort of application that does audio clean up, check this program out. It's scary powerful.