iZotope RX
iZotope RX

Audio restauration software from iZotope belonging to the RX series.

mooseherman mooseherman

« Really neat vinyl restoration program »

Publié le 10/20/10 à 17:45
This program is a noise reducing/audio processing software. Presumably, the idea with this is to use it to regulate audio transfers, that is, transferring old vinyl records and cassette (or reel-to-reel) tapes into a digital format. While this can be done fairly easily with Pro Tools, programs like Rx will help eliminate some of the hum, hiss, and pops that come with the territory of vinyl.
There were no compatibility issues with my computer, as I have relatively new hardware and a newer version of Leopard OSX. The manual laid out the installation pretty quickly. The program is pretty stable in general, at least compared to Pro Tools which can be really frustrating. The functions of this program are easily accessible.

This software has worked just fine for me. All of the functions and features of this program are easily accessible for the most part. The manual (available in PDF form) was definitely necessary at first, as I wanted to make sure I knew exactly what I was doing, but the software is interfaced easily and it isn't reliant too much on the technical end of things. The software works pretty fast overall, which I liked. I've been using it for a few months now and I really like it.

I like this software because it is very in-depth, and is capable of fine-tuning your audio transfers to their optimum perfection. Obviously, a lot of work needs to go into the process to have it work well, and one thing is for sure, you definitely need a nice table and needle, and the records need to be as clean as possible. After that, there is still some hiss and pop that are there, but this program is great at removing it. It can even restore parts of a record that are missing, like a I like how it works in a step by step basis, and works to give you the best sound you can, without getting too bogged down in the technical end of things. In short, it makes this process that much less of a nightmare, which is good.