Waves X-Noise
Hatsubai Hatsubai

« Solid noise reduction software »

Publié le 08/04/11 à 20:02
Have you ever recorded a guitar next to a computer? For anybody who has, I'm sure you'll have noticed the annoying hum that can occur. This is due to the magnets of the pickups picking up various frequencies that electronic gear tends to give off and amplifying them. It can be a real pain to deal with as you'll need to face the guitar away from any electronic gear when recording. That can be real impractical if you're doing everything yourself as you'll be looking away from the monitor and keyboard. Thankfully, Waves has a nice plugin that can help remove some of that hum and hiss that occurs when recording near electronic devices. It's packed full of features and has adjustments such as threshold, reduction, dynamics, attack, release, high shelf, gain, noise profile learning, and tons more. To use this, simply enable it on whatever buss you need the noise removed from. I've never read the manual, but this is easy enough to use without ever having read the manual.

Waves plugins have always been some of the most stable plugins I've experienced. They're cross platform compatible, so they'll work with both PCs and Macs. As a Mac user, that's a huge advantage for someone like me. They run in 32 bit mode, but Logic uses a wrapper-like application that runs so you don't interfere with your 64 bit interface. I've tried this on various different buses, and it seems to work on anything with ease. It even works nicely on MIDI, which I found a bit surprising. There are no performance issues at all, and that's a huge plus when working in a DAW filled with all kinds of synths and tracks running tons of plugins. These plugins came with my Mercury package, and I've had that for a few months now.

This has saved me quite a few times before. I mostly record guitar when I'm doing recording, and I'm pretty close to the monitor. As a result, I usually get some hum that occurs. I can either deal with it or turn around while recording. Either method works, but neither are ideal. This plugin helped remove some of that annoying hum that occurs while recording guitar near a monitor. If you deal with recording guitars, I highly recommend you check this out.