Behringer V-Tone Bass BDI21
Behringer V-Tone Bass BDI21

Bass Amp Simulator from Behringer belonging to the V-Tone series.

nicowaddle nicowaddle

« Excellent value for money »

Publié le 05/23/11 à 06:33
Tube amp simulator with DI output.
I give it a 10 because it allows me to program sounds (like the VT Bass Deluxe). Given the price, I'm going too far, I know!!!

USE

It's really easy to dial in, to be honest:
- A presence control ("brilliance," an enhancer)
- A drive control to dirty up the sound
- A bass control
- A treble control
- A level (volume) control
- A blend control (tube simulation rate)

The manual provides well thought-out presets.

I give it 8 because it doesn't have any mids controls, like the Sansamp Bass Driver it's a copy of.

The AF samples are excellent to get an idea.
I love its sound quality, it adds warmth to the sound and you can find whatever you want. I used it for reggae and slap and it's awesome.
No noise and many, many possibilities.
I got rid of it because I got a tube preamp but I sometimes miss this small magic box if only because of the ease with which I could get a killer slap sound.
I must say that I didn't compare it to the Sansamp but my opinion on certain Behringer pedals (the most recent ones) is that they are (almost) as good as the originals at a ludicrous price. The BOD400, apart from a slight difference in gain, is almost the same as the ODB-3 and the TO800 sounds like an Ibanez TS808 (although I must admit that I didn't compare these last two with the same instrument).
The only thing you can criticize it for is a lousy switch. But the BDI21 isn't conceived like the others and doesn't have a shitty switch (even if it wouldn't dare jump on it too vigorously!!!). The buttons are a bit loose, but nothing to worry about.

Test passed, considering the price.
If this pedal was sold for 100 bucks by a more renown brand, I'm sure many (including me!) would fall into the trap.
If you have an average amp, go for it.