Ashdown MAG 300H Head
Ashdown MAG 300H Head

Bass Guitar Amp Head from Ashdown belonging to the MAG series.

StAmp! StAmp!

«  Hmm ... what good Chinese gear .... »

Publié le 05/10/13 à 13:26
300W transistor.
Jack on the back for the speakers,
DI on the front (poor quality) and an effects loop,
Vu-meter (poor quality yet)
A sub-harmonic (useless because no footswitch to activate)
A sharp boost, low boost.

Note: Knobs and electronic components of questionable quality ...

Mid-bass treble, mid, treble (at least I assume, because according to the inscriptions is a bit "démerde yourself"), medium (same as for the other knob: relatively simple Eq (5 band) intermediate), a bass. I had no manual, bought used. '
The sound you get is remarkable for the price of the amp (note I weigh my words do not expect something famous ... why it takes in).
We have already seen more reactive as eq but we've seen worse.
After his side should not be too much to ask but I will come on in the next section.

It suits my style of music is very typical large garage rock, this is a relatively versatile amplifier. The trouble is that his level if you have something specific in mind though this is not necessarily easy to transcribe the amp, say it is not a very defined sound. For example (and this is where my main problem results) I never managed to have a nice midrange, too slamming into the sound is too low. Not always easy to unravel the mix also generally (and this is not a setting error) or I actually eaten by the presence scratch side, or I crush a little. Finally I fixed the problem in my own way since I bought the bass big muff (and it is almost always on) I can find a balanced place in the group (the mids are magnified with the pedal and are more usable). I find the sound a little soft at the answer.

Note: I play a Squier Vintage Modified Pbass (bass not too expensive but good quality)

I use it for a short time does not need much power before however I know this amp still good to have played for a long time on the combo version of this amp. I've had the opportunity to test different amp different brand like Fender, Ampeg, Hartke, Markbass (not yet had the opportunity to test and Orange Trace Elliot) version transistor or hybrid depending on the model. Good for a cheap Chinese crap (when you can not afford, we can not afford, unfortunately that's how my good sir!) Was still something right and despite the fact that I have a lot "broken" product it's still one amp (apart from the VU meter that is down) I was never released except for a fuse has blown a shot but it happens and it does not cost much to change .
I bought used '(very good occas' elsewhere: the full stack for a "pittance"). With the budget I had, I had a choice between that or an Ampeg combo. Power or sound quality ... and finally I still wonder if I did not make a ball. I finally with the experience I metterais more money aside and buy a real amp.