Waves Eddie Kramer PIE Compressor
Developed in association with producer/engineer Eddie Kramer, the PIE Compressor was precision-modeled on a vintage Pye compressor like the ones he used in historic sessions at London's Olympic Studios.
- Analog noise & hum for added realism.
- Compression and limiting modes.
- Auto-makeup gain.
- Up to 24-bit 192kHz resolution.
- Mono and Stereo components.
- Threshold sets the gain reference point beyond which compression begins.
- Ratio controls the amount of gain reduction for signal above the threshold.
- Decay Time (Release Time) sets the recovery speed of the gain attenuation when the input drops below the threshold.
- Output sets the output level.
- Meter Select toggles between Input, Output, and Gain Reduction metering.
- Analog controls analog characteristics caused by noise floor and hum, based on the power supplies of the original units.
- VU Meter displays input or output level in dBVU.
- Clip LED lights up when levels exceed 0 dBFS.
- VU Calibrate controls the VU meter headroom calibration.
Pricing & Availability
It costs $300 each or can be purchased together for $450. The TDM version cost twice as much. The plug-in is available at no additional charge to users of Waves Mercury V7 covered by Waves Update Plan.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Studio Units Plugins Studio Units Software has announced the release of the Studio Units plug-in collection, which is described as a new framework for bespoke MIDI and audio processor design.
- Waves Eddie Kramer HLS Channel Waves has announced the release of the Eddie Kramer HLS Channel plug-in for Windows and Mac OS X in TDM, RTAS, Audio Suite, VST and AU effect plug-in formats.
- Ueberschall Urbanic Guitars Urbanic Guitars is a dynamic guitar sample collection.