or
Create an account

or

Thread My PC just died. So now I have 3 issues.... Please help! :(

• 4 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 My PC just died. So now I have 3 issues.... Please help! :(
Hi, guys. I'm in mourning. I woke up to my computer suddenly shutting down. To make a long story short and sweet, it no longer works. SO... I didn't lose my HD data with all my music on it, thank God. However, the things that I have on my master HD, I have been unable to retrieve. In other computers, it says "Access is denied." Well, at least it's there, so I'm not crying.

But, at this point, I"m considering building my own DAW. But, I don't know much about motherboards and chipsets. I also don't know if I'll be able to boot up my old master HD on just any old configuration so that I could recover my stuff. I was considering getting a Rain Solistice from RainRecording.com. I dunno, though. I"m kinda lost, right now, honestly. What should I do?
Well, it sounds like a good idea, but I’m not a computer geek, so I can't really help. :)
Take your pc to a pc shop. They'll recover the data for you. If you keep installing/ uninstalling it into other pc's you may lose all your data.

You should burn to a dedicated hard drive - normally external.

DAW as in digital workstation generally refers to the software on your pc. I don''t know why you want to build your own pc as most off the shelf models will do. I built mine but i don't imagine you'll need the specs.
Sorry, didn't see all your post. Get a usb interface You can connect your UB1204FX through the I/O. The UB's cool as it's got control room outs.
gl with this.. had the same problem some years ago, but i had to buy everything.. all of it in my old pc was cooked