Create an account

or

Thread computer upgradation

• 10 replies
  • 5 participants
  • 0 follower
1 computer upgradation
hi everyone !!!
new in the pc-music field. Got a PC - P-3, 500, Dual boot 98 SE/ XP OS, 40 GB HD, 128 mb ram, onboard sound, cd-writer, 15" monitor, stereo speakers.
PLZ HELP ME OUT setting a STUDIO at HOME.
Should I upgrade or go for new PC. Let me know about the configuration
( medium budget ) and other accesories which I should need for recording and editing music . I have got a synth and a guitar. I want to do some vocal recordings also.
Thanks a lot in advance. waiting eagerly for your reply.
It looks like it's time for a new PC. You could get something that woud every piece of hardware over what you have now for less than 5 benjamins.

500Mhz proc is not enough, but it is at least a start. 40G hard drive won't work, and 128M of memory is barely enough to run any music software these days, not to mention actually get any recording done.
thanks... but whats the best config then. let me know the hardware and softwares (available in delhi ).
Best config is 64 bit processor 3200Mhz or better. At least 1Gb of ram. (better 2Gb) Disk at least 120 Gb and proffesional sound card.

I recommend you cubase 3 software. I didn't try it jet but it has get good rewievs.

I use cubase 2.1
I agree with the 64bit proc, I'd even go further and suggest a 939 socket AMD, since it has dual channel memory.

Another thing you may want to consider, is getting an external firewire or USB (but preferably firewire) soundcard that supports ASIO drivers. If you can wait a while, PCI Express promises to perform the best as far as sound cards are concerned. Having said that, I run with a Terratec Aureon Firewire. I would definitely reccommend it.
Hi everybody !!!!! Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Its great to have pro-advice. I will get in touch if I will face any problem at a latter stage.
I suggest you m-audio sound card. They have exelent firewire, usb and pci soundcards designed specially for recording.
I think I will go mad searching M-Audio sound cards in Delhi. Plz help me out in this regard.
Hey, I'm from Delhi.

Your computer configuration dependscompletely on your recording needs. Put them down and I will be in a better position to help you.

M-Audio is available in India.
I am just planning to do some song recording my voice with my synthesizer and guitar and some sort of editing . Thats all what I want to do....any address of dealers of M-AUDIO in INDIA. By the way where are you staying at DELHI....and what kind of music you are upto...