I would like to buy a keyboard in order to start doing music at home. I am going to get a Mac Book Pro 13" and I would like my future keyboard compatible with software like Logic pro (ideally) of pro tools otherwise.
In order to give you an idea of the type of keyboard I would like, I will explain now what I want to do with it:
- play all kind of sounds, bass, drums; xylophone.... well, MIDI and the tons of MIDI sound banks downloadable (or already included in softwares like logic pro) seems to be the best solution.
- Creat music at home with the possibility to play live too (maybe 25 keys are enough for the composition, but 49 seems better for the live no?)
- not too expensive obviously =)
- with a bit of included memory to stock some sounds on it
Here are my different options:
- m audio Oxygen 49
- Behringer UMX 490 (ou l'actuel UMX 49)
- Novation x station 49
However, because I want to do the beats and sample, I may need "trigger pads", and the M Audio Axiom 49
has it. Is it useful?
What type of keyboard would you recommend for a beginner like me then? 25, 49 keys? Do you know good brand and the one to avoid?
Thanks a lot to Audiofanzine