or
Create an account

or

Thread Can't record from mpc to sonar! Help please!

• 10 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Can't record from mpc to sonar! Help please!
I've been working on this for 4 days and cannot figure it out for the life of me! I appreciate any and all feedback! :mdr:
I have an mpc 1000 connected to a lexicon omega interface. I got audio from my synth and mpc coming through the omega fine, but from the omega to sonar i get nothing.
In Sonar, I have all inputs/outputs selected to the lexicon. I have tried the lexicon drivers (most recent updated) and the asio drivers, and still nothing coming through to sonar.
The mpc is syncd through fine as the slave to sonar. I just cant get audio into sonar.
I have midi in to mpc and out of omega, with 1/4 stereo outs from mpc to line in on omega.
Am i doing something wrong?
Please Help!
Smoke

:???:
Have you been able to record any other audio through the omega into sonar?
Thanks for your response!
I have not been able to record anything else into sonar... http://img.af-v4.com/images/audiofanzine/interface/smileys/icon_cry.gif(" />
From the omega...
Which version of sonar do you have? are you sure you have the right drivers selected (highlighted) in Options/audio/ drivers?
I have Sonar home studio xl edition. I have the lexicon dvrs selected. but have also tried the asio drivers, neither seems to work..
What about in Audio/advanced/recording and playback/ driver mode? what do you have selected there?
I have ASIO checked.
OK, forgive the stupid questions:

do you know how to create an audio track in your track view?
do you know how to arm a track to record? pressing the "r" button?
do you know how to select an audio input of an audio track?
Lol! No such thing as a stupid question my friend! :mdr:
I do know how to create an arm tracks.
selecting an audio input of an audio track? not sure how to do that..I'm assuming just highlight the track?
I am actually a step closer now...I can get audio when I record, but it
comes through sonar slow and choppy? i have the mpc synced to sonar, but it still is off...any suggestions?
Thanks again for your help! :P: